• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sci-fi RPGs

prosfilaes

Adventurer
It's probably really hard to get a hold of anymore.

Amazon has everything for $10 or $15, including shipping. Gamma World is $25 with shipping, but that's the exception, and that's what a new book would run. They all have a dozen copies for sale, except the main books, which have 2-4 dozen, so it's pretty likely that they'll be available for the near future.

Last edited:

DnD_Dad

First Post
Alternity is where I'd go for mass effect style. You got the technology, the psychic stuff and it is completely original. You reall only need the dmg, phb, star drive monsters and equipment books and your set.

Pfhoenix

First Post
I have to admit that I'm not very familiar with the FATE system, and reading up on Diaspora puts me off, just a little. I'm familiar with GURPS and Shadowrun, and I'm not a fan of either system, either.

I really like D20 systems, and I've been working on a Mass Effect game, pulling OGL rules from D20 modern and Pathfinder where I think they make sense (such as a modified wealth system similar to D20M's). I feel that the Mass Effect universe is extremely rich and ripe for table-top play.

aurin777

First Post
Fading Suns! By far my favorite RPG. It may not be as hard as what you are looking for, but it's definitely the best sci fi setting that I've read. It was originally written by Bill Bridges and Andy Greenberg, the creators of White Wolf. It's space opera and can fit any science fiction story that you want to tell. Definitely take a look! You can download the QuickStart PDF for free on RedBrick's website.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads