• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward [3.5E D&D] [OOC 02]

Leif

Adventurer
It seems minor enough that I'd be willing to have the purchase process handwaved. Heaven knows that Thea wouldn't want to do anything that might delay getting us all back to being knee-deep in a swamp full of orcs and traps...

Just let me know- I'll update her character sheet ASAP.
Hand-waving seems very agreeable in this particular case. You have already stated the appropriate price, so unless Scotley has something to add, I am fine with you just making the appropriate adjustments to your character sheet. Scotley your thoughts? Maybe I've overlooked some important fact?

Leif

Adventurer
Scotley, or anyone else who knows, does a mage armor spell stack with a suit of armor's AC adjustment? It seems to me that it would not do so, and since both are 'armor' bonuses, only the higher of the two applies. Have I got this right?

Rhun

First Post
Scotley, or anyone else who knows, does a mage armor spell stack with a suit of armor's AC adjustment? It seems to me that it would not do so, and since both are 'armor' bonuses, only the higher of the two applies. Have I got this right?

I think you got your answer to this already, right Leif?

Leif

Adventurer
I think you got your answer to this already, right Leif?
Yes. Thanks. I kinda "shotgunned" the question a bit, but Kinem actually responded first, so that turned out to be unnecessary. Plus, the more I thought about it, the less I needed to even ask the question!

[sblock=Rhun]Actually, the question first came up this morning because I was trying to find an excuse to use more of Bevin's spells, like Mage Armor, but it turns out that because he wears +3 leather armor and has a ring of protection as well, he would gain no benefit from the spell unless he took his armor off, which just won't happen while he's conscious! Really, what I was hoping for was that kinem would houserule it and give Bev a bonus for the spell on top of his armor. Got shot down on that one! :([/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=Rhun]Actually, the question first came up this morning because I was trying to find an excuse to use more of Bevin's spells, like Mage Armor, but it turns out that because he wears +3 leather armor and has a ring of protection as well, he would gain no benefit from the spell unless he took his armor off, which just won't happen while he's conscious! Really, what I was hoping for was that kinem would houserule it and give Bev a bonus for the spell on top of his armor. Got shot down on that one! :([/sblock]

[sblock=For Leif]
You will note from my answer that is still provides a slight benefit, as the +4 would apply vrs incorporeal attacks, where the +3 leather wouldn't. Of course, with that said, it isn't much of a spell. But hell, it is a first level spell...what can you expect. :D
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=For Leif]
You will note from my answer that is still provides a slight benefit, as the +4 would apply vrs incorporeal attacks, where the +3 leather wouldn't. Of course, with that said, it isn't much of a spell. But hell, it is a first level spell...what can you expect. :D
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rhun]Yeah, you're right about that, I guess. Next time we fight a wraith I'll be sure and cast mage armor.[/sblock]

KerlanRayne

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Leif and Rhun]A better spell for this purpose would be Ectoplasmic Armor from the Spell Compendium. It's a 1st level spell that starts at +5 AC and scales up to +9 AC, but only against Incorporeal attacks.[/SBLOCK]

Leif

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=Leif and Rhun]A better spell for this purpose would be Ectoplasmic Armor from the Spell Compendium. It's a 1st level spell that starts at +5 AC and scales up to +9 AC, but only against Incorporeal attacks.[/SBLOCK]
[sblock=Kerlan and Rhun]Thanks, Kerlan! I hope I remember that when I get to choose another spell![/sblock]

Remove ads