Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

SoulFetter succumbs to the ant-thing's grapple, though not without a struggle. Once it becomes clear to him that he's well and truly caught, he decides to "go with it." Ligaments and tendons creak with strain, bones crack as they're reformed, muscles grow . . . the Urgant swells to a size that almost matches that of his attacker as he screams with rage and pain. He grasps the ant-monster by the mandibles and gives a mighty wrench, twisting it's neck and throwing it to the ground underneath him! He then lifts the thing's head by the mandibles and slams it down on the rocks beneath.​
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Initial Opposed Grapple Check (1d20+20=24)

If I've got it right, the Ant is also grappled, so has no DEX bonus to AC and doesn't threaten any squares. It also has to beat a 43 Opposed Grapple or it's pinned (-4 AC vs everyone other than SF, can't really do anything except try to escape the Pin), and also has to beat a 36 Opposed Grapple or take 9 points of NL Damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Mowgs, I don't believe that what SoulFetter has hold of is something as benign as an ANT! (Although it is insect-like and has external mandibles.)
A better description is: it is an immense, centipede-like beast with chitinous plates along its back that glow red-hot!

When SoulFetter grapples the beast, he is burned by the internal heat of the creature and takes Fire Damage (8d6=26).

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Well, the Rhemoraz looks sort of ant like, and SoulFetter doesn't know what it actually is, so I'm trying to stay in character/thought with his descriptions.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Fair enough! Check my previous post again for SF's fire damage sustained. I'd actually not be surprised if SF had encountered or at least heard tell of these creatures in the lore of his tribe.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Braevil backs away from the creature, while chanting and grasping the symbol of Meda around his neck. A haze of silver and gold motes begins to dance in the air near the giant insect, slowly forming into the shape of a powerfully built bison, its hide shimmering in silver and gold.

OOC: 5' step to X9, cast Monster Summoning IV (Celestial Bison).

Remove ads