Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Yay! So, what's my story? Am I half-naked (or worse), fully equipped, something in between? Did I follow the skinny man to save him or to catch him (or both :) ). Anyhow, immediate concern, devils. I'll post in about 12 hours from home.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Yay! So, what's my story? Am I half-naked (or worse), fully equipped, something in between? Did I follow the skinny man to save him or to catch him (or both :) ). Anyhow, immediate concern, devils. I'll post in about 12 hours from home.

OOC: Oh, I guess maybe you never got the PM with all that in it. Leif and I had worked it out via email and then he sent it on to you. That was of course about the time of the crash. Sorry, you are fully equipped. I'll track down the relevant emails later today and resend. The short of it is that you were tricked by a devil, who pretended to be an old bard, into recovering a very powerful magical musical instrument. As soon as you managed to get it, you found yourself here in the this demi-plane on the edge of hell being chased by some devils. The other members of the group literally fell out of the sky soon after and started engaging the devils.

Rhun

First Post
Brae again calls for Meda's aid, asking her to bless his weapon as he moves to rejoin the fray!

OOC: AC 24 (w/ circle v evil & haste), Hit Points 66/68

Cast divine favor, providing +2 luck bonus to quarterstaff for 10 rounds.

Magic Circle vs Evil in effect, 10' radius around Brae, 80 minute duration
Those within the spell's radius receive: +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves

[sblock=Current Spells]
-- Level 0: detect magic, create water, resistance, light, guidance
-- Level 1: shield of faith, lesser vigor, divine favor, bless, obscuring mist, command + (d) charm person
-- Level 2: animalistic power, silence, spiritual weapon, hold person + (d) lesser restoration
-- Level 3: dispel magic, summon monster III, magic circle vs evil, prayer + (d) fly
-- Level 4: divine power, summon monster IV, dismissal + (d) dimension door[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
SUMMARY: everyone gets +2 to hit and +2 to damage. Additional +2 to damage if you're flanking (10/10 rounds). Finally, you get DR 5/- as long as you remain within 30' of Taraniel 5/5 rounds)

The man that was sighted before finds himself in a line with another group of humanoids.

"WTF are humans doing here? Ah well, gift horse and all that. Let's end this!"

Taraniel thinks about what he knows about this particular devils, but he's never been good at planar stuff. What he was good at was making others better at combat. He quickly commanded the magic of his helm and short swirl of color surrounds everyone in the vicinity. Swirls remain shortly on the devils, making their vulnerable parts more visible. As they swirled, he pulls horn from his belt to his lips and blows long clear note and then short staccato bursts giving himself a rhythm to which he immediately starts (wonder of wonders) dancing.

It is a quick dance with sinous movements and those knowledgeable about such things may recognize fighting forms in that dance. But of more immediate notice is the slight metalic sheen that all allies (in this case berks from prime material) acquired after the horn sound died away. The dance is giving the rhythm to the movements, stomping of boots and swishing of the sword, hand movements and jumps and turns invite you to follow into the battle.

[sblock=Actions]
Swift: activate helmet: for 10 rounds, every party member within 60' does +2 untyped damage to flanked foes
Move: start dancing: as long as performance is going, each ally has +2 morale bonus to hit and damage
Free?: Planar lore: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
- basic info only

Standard: Activate horn: all allies within 30 gain DR 5/- for 5 rounds
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Hope to get a few more players to return. Calling [MENTION=51567]Lou[/MENTION], [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION], [MENTION=11732]Helfdan[/MENTION], [MENTION=7776]KerlanRayne[/MENTION].

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Taraniel]These are Barbazu or Bearded Devils. He knows magic or silver weapons are needed to fully effect them, that they are Immune to Fire and Poison and resistant to cold and Acid. These all have Glaives which can leave nasty wounds that continue to bleed. They get their name from the fact that their spiky filthy beards to attack when they get in close and get both claws into a foe. [/sblock]

Remove ads