Pathfinder 1E Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward - Main Action Thread [3.5E D&D] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
The carter resignedly but dutifully lashes his oxen and points them toward the Temple of Meda. "Arrigh' but don't say I didn't warn ye's!"

Rhun

First Post
"I may be a constable," says Brae with a smile, "But I was a cleric of Meda first. I will handle the Temple priests."

Scotley

Hero
It would be a stretch to say that the Medan's welcome your arrival with a cart load of corpses, but they do understand the important work to be done. "What sort of lunacy would lead to the slaughter of these wretches?" asks a stern Mother Superior at being presented with the bodies. "Would have been lucky to survive the winter anyway, I'd guess."

Rhun

First Post
"Unfortunately, Mother Superior, we are not at liberty to divulge that information," says Brae. "These poor souls are part of an ongoing investigation being conducted by the constabulary, and I'm afraid that releasing information at this point may do more harm than good."

Scotley

Hero
She raises her chin at this, clearly unhappy, but not willing to say more. She directs her people and soon all have been carried away. As the day grows brighter the chill abates a little, but it does nothing to remove the tiredness you all feel after a long night on the cold streets with no rest.

Rhun

First Post
"We should report in to the Magistrate, and then get some rest. I think we must be back on the streets in Clayfields tonight."

Leif

Adventurer
Office of the Magistrate of the 14th Ward of Lauralie Summerhome

The weary constables enter the Magistrate's office after having been on the job hunting all night. Elke Weiss immediately jumps up from her desk to fetch you water or whatever food or drink you desire. When you get back to the squad room you see that concerned citizens have brought you a large and varied assortment of quality foodstuffs and kegs of wine and ale. Elke sees to your comfort and then excuses herself to return to her office saying, "Magistrate Ironshirt has stepped out for what will probably be the better part of today -- he's attending a Meeting of Magistrates over at the Citadel in the Sixth Ward."

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Though his mountain born body needs no succor from the cold, SoulFetter's never been one to turn down food freely offered. He tucks in to the victuals with gusto.

"OK, let's talk preparations. My axe will do nicely to test the theory that the creature is harmed by cold without any extra preparations. But giving it a little extra oomph would be a good thing. Can you accomplish this and still have your full complement of spells tonight?

"What else will we need to take care of before we hunt again? Rest, of course . . . it's never a good idea to hunt more tired than you can help being.

"And, are we sure this is the beastie we're after? Or is it possible there's something even worse pulling the strings from backstage?"

Rhun

First Post
"My current spells are limited for what we seek to accomplish, but given rest and time I can better prepare." Brae scratches his beard. "I do have Searing Light and Cure Critical Wounds available, if you can store one of those within your axe. I am unsure of exactly how your weapon works."

Remove ads