Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Scotley

Hero
The farmer seems to be softening somewhat toward you. He is at least pleased that someone is taking an interest in him and his loss.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco looks around the near vicinity to see if he might see what was used to slit the animal's throat.

"It seems something very sharp was used for this evil deed. Although I see no signs of anything arcane here, there are many stories of blood magic and I can't for the life of me understand why these deeds need to be in blood unless there is something more to it." Falco will stand up and address the farmer, "I'm very sorry that this crime has happened to you. I realize this cuts into your income and seeing that this sheep is still fresh, maybe we could both benefit. As you know, we are staying with the lady Kendra and having this many hungry men around will indeed cause her to dip into her stores. If you have a way to butcher this animal and preserve the meat, maybe we could purchase it from you for a reasonable price?

Also, would you and your wife like to join us all for dinner tonight? The evening looks like it might be a nice one and maybe we could all enjoy it and get to know each other a little better"

diplomacy again: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25

Falco has it in his head that this might be a ritual to resurrect the woman and wants to get back to the house to again look over the books for possible rituals related to this.

[sblock=OOC] What was the warden's wife's name again? I assume the letters VES are still on track to spell it out? [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
"Well, sir yes, I could get this right over to the butcher and get it cut up. I'm sure the Missus would be happy to have dinner with you folk. Now this was a mighty fine sheep, well fed and proper cared for. Worth every copper of 25 gold. The butcher will charge another 3 gold as well. Now, that's the price he'll charge me, I'm sure you can't get it done for less'n 5.."

OOC: If Falco ever gets tired of the adventuring life he's well on his way to a promising career as a sheep trader.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

"Not enough meat on puny, skinny sheep to be worth 5 gp. Me eat nice, plump, fat cave rats that more filling."

OOC: Besharrn will give it an Intimidate check to knock the dude off his game a bit. Check result is a 14, not that scary after all, is he? http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=26495

[sblock=stats - Besharrn Blacktusk]
Besharrn Blacktusk Half-Orc Ranger3

S15,D16,C14,I12,W12,C11

AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:35/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 17 [19 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ugg. Falco can think of nothing duller. :) [/sblock]

25 gold seems high to Falco but he doesn't know much about the costs of sheep. He does however know how to barter. So he begins to walk the fine line of trying to earn the farmer's respect without the farmer thinking Falco is a chump.

"I'm sure you are right and that might be a fair price for a live sheep that I could make money from the wool AND the meat later on. But at this juncture, I can only use the meat. I'll give you 18 for the sheep and the 3 for the butcher."

diplomacy check: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20

Scotley

Hero
The farmer rubs his chin, obviously settling in for a good haggle. "Now, where you come from little Halfling sized sheep might sell so low, but we grow proper full sized sheep up here. I might could take a gold or two less, but really some thievin' bugger has already saved you the trouble of harvesting and bleeding the animal yourself."

Rhun

First Post
Dannis decides to step in, as they don't want to alienate the farmer's good will. "No worries, goodman. We can pay your asking price." The cleric offers the farmer his hand. "I'm Dannis, by the way. It is nice to meet you."

Remove ads