Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Scotley and Vadim]Naturally, I nominate Vadim to lead the paranormal investigations from "the other side" whilst Besharrn makes the sacrifice of remaining among the living and thus foregoing all the scads of XP Vadim is sure to gain.[/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Falco, will join in thanking Dannis. "This place is indeed a haven for those who have not yet fully crossed over. I guess once we figure out the "why" things will change significantly."
[section]

"Oh, well done Dannis!" Vadim shakes his head ruefully. "This place seems well and truly haunted . . . I wonder what inmate that particular bit of nastiness used to be?"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]--[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Now that the dead are once more resting in peace there seems to be only a little of interest at this end of the cell block. There is a ladder leading up to a trap door in one small room and a heavy oak and iron door in the Northwest corner that may lead outside to a balcony as best you can tell from your observations outside earlier.

mleibrock

First Post
"What say we have a look behind that big oak door before we open the trap door?"

Now that the dead are once more resting in peace there seems to be only a little of interest at this end of the cell block. There is a ladder leading up to a trap door in one small room and a heavy oak and iron door in the Northwest corner that may lead outside to a balcony as best you can tell from your observations outside earlier.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"That sounds eminently sensible to me, Falco. We should investigate this level thoroughly before moving to another." Vadim looks around at the others. "Everyone ready? Besharn, you got yourself cleaned up yet? C'mon man, gather your courage and let's set to!"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]--[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, half-orc ranger 3

With a minimum of grumbling, Besharrn gets himself ready and follows along.

[sblock=stats - Besharrn Blacktusk]
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger 3

S15,D16,C14 [-2, stirge],I12,W12,C11
AC:21[10+7(+1 Breastplate)+3(Dex)+1(Dodge Feat)] [25 w/Shield of Swings]
FF:17
T:14 [18 w/Shield of Swings]

HP:35/35

Skills: (Ranks 7+7+7 = 21) [CS=Class Skill]
Climb 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8
Intimidate 3 ranks +2 rac'l +3 CS +0cha = +8 [Std act'n-if sucsfl give opp the Shaken condition, -2 att]
[DC to demoralize=10+target's HD+target's Wis mod] [lasts 1rnd + 1rnd for every 5 check exceeds DC]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 3 ranks, +1 Int +2 Favored Terrain +3 CS = +9
Perception 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground]
PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 17 [19 underground]
Stealth 3 ranks +3 dex +3 CS = +9 [+2 underground]
Survival 3 ranks +1 wis +3 CS = +7 [+2 underground] [+1 (half Ranger Level) to follow tracks]
Swim 3 ranks +2 str +3 CS = +8 [-3 ACP if wearing +1 Magic Breastplate]

Saves: Fort: +6 Ref: +7 Will: +3

Init +3, BAB +3, CMB +5, CMD 18 [22 w/ Shield of Swings]

Halberd +7, 1d10+3 dam, Short Sword +6, 1d6+2 dam, Heavy Crossbow +7, 1d10 dam

Feat: Shield of Swings - gain +4 AC and CMD but only do half damage. FULL ATTACK ONLY [APG]
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
The door has a substantial looking lock on it. There is another cell block on the east side and a few more rooms to the south on this level.

Remove ads