Scotley's Carrion Crown IC Part 1 The Haunting of Harrowstone

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger 3

Besharrn looks for someone standing on the fringes of the group near the monument who looks like an outsider from the 'in' crowd, and says quietly to him/her, "You see what went down here?"

Scotley

Hero
OOC - Is the sheriff here yet?

Besharrn looks for someone standing on the fringes of the group near the monument who looks like an outsider from the 'in' crowd, and says quietly to him/her, "You see what went down here?"

The man, a farmer of some sort by the look of him replies without looking away from the action. "One of the sheriff's deputies was murdered last night. Got her throat cut and her blood split all over. Bad business. Probably them half breeds been staying at that witch's place." At that point he glances over and sees who he's speaking to. "Ah, I gotta check on mah turnips now..." He moves hastily though the crowd. The sheriff can be seen standing close to the monument.

Leif

Adventurer
Besharrn Blacktusk, Half-Orc Ranger 3

Besharrn huddles up with B'rri, Vadim, and Dannis, and says quietly to them where no one else can hear, "Seem we get blamed for murder because we not from here. Besharrn see this before, it usually not end good for outsider. What we do now? Run like he77?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
There is yet another bloody letter on the monument and a the Sheriff seems to be questioning one of his deputies while to others stand somberly over the body of a fourth deputy covered in a cloak at the foot of the monument. The crowd of locals stares in open mouthed curiosity.

mleibrock

First Post
Can we get a glimpse of the letter on the monument? Hearing the townsfolk suspecting us, Falco will stay close to the others but asks is Lady Kendra will approach the sheriff and tell him, we'd like to speak to him and will wait for him in his office.

Scotley

Hero
Kendra goes and briefly talks with the sheriff. He nods grimly. She returns and informs you of his willingness to talk with you. It will be an hour or so as he finishes up here. Once again a bucket brigade is formed to wash the blood from the monument, but before they do you can see that the letters V, E, S and O are there. This is one more letter than before. There is a considerable amount of random spattering as well as the letters.

mleibrock

First Post
Falco nods at Kendra's reply and he and she head to the office, along with anyone else that wants to come.

He thinks aloud as they walk. "The letters continue to spell out Vesorianna, the warden's wife's name. I am still at a loss of why the name is being spelled out but I wouldn't doubt if the whispering way was somehow calling her back."

Kendra goes and briefly talks with the sheriff. He nods grimly. She returns and informs you of his willingness to talk with you. It will be an hour or so as he finishes up here. Once again a bucket brigade is formed to wash the blood from the monument, but before they do you can see that the letters V, E, S and O are there. This is one more letter than before. There is a considerable amount of random spattering as well as the letters.

Rhun

First Post
He thinks aloud as they walk. "The letters continue to spell out Vesorianna, the warden's wife's name. I am still at a loss of why the name is being spelled out but I wouldn't doubt if the whispering way was somehow calling her back."

"A frightening through. Calling the dead back from beyond the grave is rarely a good idea."

OOC: Did we ever determine what happened to the warden?

Remove ads