• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sealed In Blood - Chapter 1, Party A

Rathan

First Post
*Domaskis will take ten minutes and cast Res True on the paladin....*

"I hope you want to come back good sir... otherwise I've wasted alot of my money on this gem......"

Last edited:

Five minutes into his casting, a shadowy figures appears behind Domaskis. Almost simultaneously, Hyanda reacts, a beam shooting out from him and striking the creature. Characters with True Seeing view that the creature seems to be constricted now on the ethereal plane, at least, but it seems to ignore the fact for the moment, stabbing into Domaskis with its dagger five times, the cleric taking quite a bit of damage, even with his element nature saving him from most of it (209 damage).

The creature then takes off. It moves swiftly, but still silently along down the corridor, Domaskis managing to get a glancing blow on his side as he left (Attack roll 17, crit, confirmed, 65 damage reduced to 40 physical damage + 11 cold damage). *

Hyanda's turn

Code:
[color=red]Makeshift map (each line 10 ft. long, W=Wall):
   ___[/color][color=white]<Gloom[/color][color=red]
    |
[/color][color=white] MG>[/color][color=red]|___|
   _|_
[/color]

Init:
Gloom 40
Hyanda 29
Sei Ryu 26
Domaskis 8

*Although 3e doesn't specifically mention it, and 3.5e does, you can't make attacks while casting a spell. That rule applies starting now, however.

Last edited:

Meanwhile, Jack opens the South door to find the room as above, except the bottom right platform is raised 5 ft. up.

He notices that the shadows in the other room do move according to their position, as if he were staring into a mirror.

Tiny droplets of red begin to fall from the ceiling like a light drizzle, although it doesn't obscure ones vision. After a few of them fall, you notice what the liquid truly is-blood...

Kalanyr

Explorer
Timati taking a quick look at the ailing Domaskis and noting that he still lives, charges the Gloom with his quarterstaff out.

"In the name of the Spirits of Wood and Water you will pay for this creature of the shadows!"

Rathan

First Post
*Out of shear fear of death comming down apon him domaskis stops the res spell and wildly casts a spell or two at the gloom...*

Casting: Quickened Horrid Wilthing... then another Horrid wilting.... the first is DC 37.... the second is DC 34

Last edited:

Zack2216

First Post
I shall run forward and strike the gloom.

I shall not fall to this, thing. I have lived too long to die now.

Last edited:

Timati dashes forward, his staff showing fiercely as he hits it into the dark figure, white sparks of energy flying out, though it deals little damage (28 physical reduced to 3, 9 holy damage total)

Sei-ryu charges, brandishing forth his wicked blade as he makes two clean cuts across the figures midsection, dealing an impressive amount of damage to it. (66 damage total, rolled 16 and 18 on second two hits, but failed to confirm-in the future, please place your attacks/damage on the bottm of your posts for ease of combat-thanks :).)

As Domaskis begins casting, a black liquid seeps through the creature's skin as it contorts in wild agony, strangely never making a sound as it does so. (Saved versus first one, failed versus second, 54 and 114 damage)

The creature begins to run down the corridors once more...

Code:
[color=red]Makeshift map (each line 10 ft. long, W=Wall):
        |[/color][color=white]<Gloom[/color][color=red]
   _____|
    |[/color][color=white]^Timati[/color][color=red]
    |___|
   _|_
[/color]

Init:
Gloom 40
Hyanda 29
Sei Ryu 26
Domaskis 8

Last edited:

Sorry, by your reply I thought you were just letting the other group members do the dirty work. You would have seen it last round, so feel free to edit your post with an action and i'll correct the above update.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads