[Sealed Lands] The City of Taleas

Creamsteak

Explorer
Dax admires the groups humanity, knowing full well that it is in that humanity that most find their way. He ponders how at one time he too felt like he had a path, one that fate would guide him too and through. It is now, however, that he has realized how fateless and faithless the world has been for so many generations. The dullness of the stupor of order and control, and how much it limits the body and mind. It Dax's own personal goal to see to it that he breaks his body and mind twice over, metaphorically of course.

Dax questions, "I will gather a cart and pack animals, water and food. Allow me that responsibility and I will be pleased."

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC- Bad Mod deleting your own double post but I'm on to you. :p

The Royal Sages mainly have rooms at the Academy basically a school for nobles and some extremely talented people of less noble blood. The Academy is in the centre of town which is mainly the nobles area gathered around the Palace.

The Cartogaphers Guild is on the North Side (near the gates out of town),along with other similar services, such as book shops, hedge wizards and such. Other unaffiliated cartographers can be found scattered throughout the north side as well as their being a few nobles with such a hobby in the central area.

The South Side is basically the slums with all the fun that entails.

The West Side is the Market District where pretty much anything can be found for sale.

The East is the more reputable Merchants Area where those with sufficient wealth to have risen to a reasonable status in the city have set up shop.

The Temples are mainly found where the City Centre meets the North Side, and the less 'respectable' market stalls and merchants are on the south side of their districts entering into the slums. Those with more clout in an area tend to gather as close to the city centre as they can.

Edited: Because the Gates Out of Time definitely aren't on the North Side of Taleas. The gates out of town however are.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Argus and Aerick

Aerick and Argus head off to the Broken Leg Inn the most disreputable Inn on the South side.

Entering into the dark dank place you notice that it smells like it hasn't been cleaned in at least a month, the air makes your eyes water, and the clientelle look like they haven't bathed since before Argus was born.
On the far side from the door a bar runs from one end of the building to the other, the glasses further attest that this isn't a place where hygene is known.

The people in the tavern sit in large groups, several barbarians gathered around a large table in a corner of the inn. Aerick immediately recognises their kind, thrown out of their tribes for crimes so disgusting that their kin were unwilling to grant them an easy death, no doubt they are here offering their services to the highest bidder to make a living.

In the other corner of tavern there sit a group of people with builds that make the barbarians look like matchsticks but not much more can be told of them since they wear long cloaks with their hoods pulled down over their faces.

Of the remaining 6 tables scattered around 4 are empty , one is occupied group of shady looking humans who seem to be gambling, and the other is occupied by a few halflings who are doing their best to be as far away from any of the other groups as possible.

Four people sit along the bar well into their cups, they seem to be quiet occupied getting as drunk as is possible.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Dekiran and Arianne

OOC to SE: A fairly reputable inn that would take non-noble patrons would be The Silver Scales in the merchants district.

Meanwhile Dekiran and Arianne continue on their journey to the Cartographers Guild on the North Side, approaching the guild, you see a well constructed rather large 3 storied wooden building, the oak door lies open in the front of the building inviting people in, inside the building you see several clerks scurrying around what seems to be the main area handing pieces of paper to various other customers and then scurrying through the back door doubtless to the archives, and the rooms some explorers and cartographers mantain here.

As Dekiran walks into the building he thinks he hears footsteps behind him but a quick check reveals nothing.

As Arianne enters the building she things she sees a small dark creature sticking to the shadows trailing along behind them on the otherside of the street, however as soon as she notices it the creature quickly scuttles into a nearby alley way vanishing from sight.

Just after you enter you see a middle aged man walk through the doors, casually nod to the clerks and then head to the backdoor himself, he wears a well made explorers outfit lined with pockets and his weatherbeaten face shows signs of the hardship he's seen.

Dekiran and Arianne both immediately recognise the man as Ernol Thurn, the most famous explorer in the kingdom of Taleas, its said that he's been everywhere and seen everything from the Aeterian Sea of the South to the snowladen seas of the far north. As Ernol approaches the back door he turns to the two who have just entered and gestures them to follow him and calls out

" I assume you're the ones that the King's Advisor has been trying to recruit? You seem to have already attracted some attention from certain parties. I assume you're here to question the guild about its maps and perhaps to obtain some to help you in your journey ? I'd like to volunteer my own services to help you however I can. "

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Dax Belov

Dax meanwhile makes his way to the Royal Stables where he is quickly met by the Chief Groom.

"You are Dax Belov the famous martial artist? I'm honoured that you came here on my shift sir, I find your philosophies most interesting, how can I help you today sir? "

As the Chief Groom prattles on Dax spots an almost noiseless small shape in the shadows that seems to be watching him, however the shape seems to have also spotted Dax since it immediately turns around and runs off at quiet an impressive speed.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
"How interesting..." Dax turns his attention falsely to the nearest horse. Ignoring the prattle of the man, and pondering what the figure has just done, Dax thinks on the situation a bit. What, perhaps was that exactly? Should I follow it? No no... perhaps I should let whatever that was do as it pleases.

"Groom, I need mounts and a wagon to transport myself and others a great distance. I was promised that my way would be payed for by our noble ruler. Simply allow me whatever you can spare, I will not take anything that you are not willing to offer up of your own posessions. Our hardships may be plentiful, and I wouls like to be able to rotate the animals duties when possible, but as I said, I do not ask you to strain yourself. What can you offer me?"

Thels

First Post
"Well met, sir. We are indeed the people recruited by the Royal Vizier." the small woman starts smiling as she follows him, taking a few deep breaths. Continuing when they're a little away from the main entrance: "We were sent to investigate a cavern that recently appeared in Mount Searalas. Besides a short description of the route leading there, we would like to know anything the Cartographers Guild can tell us about it."

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Dekiran follows Ernol and the woman.
"Any information as to the reason for the re-appearance of the cave would be welcome. Has there been any seismic activity in the region of late? Or perhaps some unusual movements of people or beasts neraby the mountain? Could this whole dramatic little episode have been caused by a mere clerical error?" When asking his last question he smiles disarmingly, letting the cartographer know that no offense was intended.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Argus clumps heavily over to the bar, plonks himself unceremoniously onto a stool and looks about for the barkeep.

"Aye! Barkeep! I'm wantin' a mug o' something stout for me an' me friend, aye," he says in his deep voice.

Argus raises a plate-mailed arm and sniffs it a couple of times. Satisfied that he doesn't smell too bad he lets his arm drop back down and makes himself comfortable.

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
Very well then, I'll attend to supplying our company myself. Let these faithless ones scurry about after mortal knowledge, it will serve them little if the Last Keeper judge them unworthy

Haragaos heads into the merchant district, somehow seeming to find little resistance as he winds through the bustling crowds. Heading to one of the stalls in the centre of the city that his temple deals with, he settles into some matter-of-fact bartering for sensible no-frills supplies.

Remove ads