[Sealed Lands] The City of Taleas

ferretguy

First Post
Takin' a seat next to the Dwarf at the bar, Aerick positions himself so he can keep an eye out for any problems from the fallen tribesmen. Awaiting his tankard,So Sirrah, I haven't had the chance yet to catch your name, my friends call me Aerick, my enemies don't live long enough to know my name. Tell me, what brings you down to this town?

Festy_Dog

First Post
Argus smiles a broad smile of somewhat yellowed teeth.

"Name's Argus. I be here on a wee task fer me elders, but I not be adverse to a little adveture while I'm here," he says conversationally.

Sir Kay slightly ruffles his nose in disdain at the actions of his companions somewhat, but only after they leave. Pulling his black cloak more over his armor in an attempt to conceal it, he strides calmly towards the poor district.

He made a point to stay quiet while traveling with the group, they weren't to be trusted. A few of them were likeable enough, but being distracted wasn't his job, his job was to get things done. First, he would find a local with information of the city...a thief, perferably, one whom he could influence...

The memories of that one fateful day swam through out his head as he continued on his path.

OOC-Specifically looking for a (slightly experienced) thief whom Kay could confront with little choice for an exit.

Last edited:

ferretguy

First Post
Well Argus, do you know much about Mount Searalas? Would probably be good to have someone who knows the area instead of traveling just on what some map writer has drawn on paper. And if you're lookin for adventure, what better way to find it then in some deep cave? Taking a great swig from his tankard Aerick lets out a satisfied belch Now that hits the spot!

Kalanyr

Explorer
Dax Belov

The Chief Groom says he'll return in a minute after seeing what they have. He returns within 10 minutes and when he comes back

"Sir, I can easily spare you 10 horses and a wagon, unfortunately none of the horses would be battle trained if you require warhorses I could spare perhaps 4 light warhorses and 2 heavy warhorses. We have all the necessary equipment for harness and riding the horses also."

Kalanyr

Explorer
Arianne and Dekiran

Serpenteye said:
"Any information as to the reason for the re-appearance of the cave would be welcome. Has there been any seismic activity in the region of late? Or perhaps some unusual movements of people or beasts neraby the mountain? Could this whole dramatic little episode have been caused by a mere clerical error?"

Ernol takes in Dekirans questions and replies

"No, there was no seismic activity in the region of late. The only unusual movements that have been taking place are rumours I've heard of the nearby Orc tribes being stirred up apparently some of the wilder barbarian tribes of the area have also been acting suspiciously, also I noticed that you have picked up some interesting followers, its not at all like Goblins to be in this city this does not bode well. No, I have personally examined maps of this kingdom hundreds of times as well as having travelled from one side of Taleas to the other, and I will give you my word that there was never a cave there nor was it marked on any maps. But now it seems to be. Most unusual."

Thels said:
"We were sent to investigate a cavern that recently appeared in Mount Searalas. Besides a short description of the route leading there, we would like to know anything the Cartographers Guild can tell us about it."

Ernol then turns his attention to Arianne's questions and thinks for a moment before replying

" The route to Mount Searalas requires a journey of about a week across the plains to the west the Mount is quiet unusual itself since it stands alone in the middle of those plains. Apart from the wandering tribes of Kobolds and Orcs and the barbarians of the plains there is little of any significance there, the terrain is largely grassland, although there are a few sparsely forested areas, the area around the mountain itself is fairly densely forrested which is strange. Hmm, I must warn you to beware the Goblins that lead the orc tribes, although they are not strong they are disturbingly fast and very quick of mind. The kobolds tribes are also very dangerous, they seem to have magic flowing in their blood.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Aerick and Argus

As Aerick and Argus are sitting drinking their beers, one of the Barbarians, loudly moves his chair back from the table and struts over to them. He sits down without an invitation

"So Son of Holder 'what have you done to be cast out of the tribe? Like the rest of us uncouth louts. You finally do something constructive about a lady you liked ? " The Barbarian leers at Aerick as he speaks and ignores Argus.
"No, I doubt that I don't think you'd have the guts or anything else required to do the deed."

Kalanyr

Explorer
Haragaos

OOC- Are you going to the market area or the merchant district ? Hard to tell from your post. A Stall suggests the market area but the markets are a fairly temporary setup and the temples don't really have permanent arrangements with them.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Sir Kay

Kay heads into the southern district of the city to track down a thief who he could intimidate and is soon rewarded when he notices a shadowy figure tracing his steps, shortly the figure steps out of the shadows and walks straight towards Kay bumping into him, but Kay sees the figure reaching for his purse.

Thels

First Post
"Hmm, that's queer. So all maps just suddenly showed the cave on the map, like it has always been there? I can understand a new cave appearing anywhere due to a natural effect or perhaps heavy labor, but what do the maps have to do with it? It's almost as if someone or something wants to draw attention and pull people there. It feels like walking right into a trap." Arianne shivers at the idea. Looking around a bit, she asks: "Could you show me one such map? I need one that has not be tempered with after the cave appeared on it. Perhaps I could draw some more information out of it."

OOC: If he shows a map. Arianne will manifest Object Reading.

Last edited:

Remove ads