• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Sealed Lands] The City of Taleas

Kalanyr

Explorer
Ernol excuses himself and returns 10 minutes later with a rather old looking map which he handles with extreme care.

"Oldest one we have in the archives, not many are allowed to see this because its one of the few we have from before the Wars 500 years past which pretty much destroyed all traces of previous history. None of the city wizards understand the magic that preserves it either.There are significant differences between the geography "

Arianne takes the map and concentrates on it and is rewarded with the following information the last owner was not of this plane, was male, chaotic neutral, gained the map by means of a spell he used to map out the surrounding area, and lost the map due to something snapping him back to whence he came.

As Arianne emerges from her trance Ernol holds up another map

"This is a more recent one if you want it. The geography is more up to date and it has been confirmed that the cave was not on it as recently as 6 months past when the archivers were going through the maps, but its definitely on there now. "

Thels

First Post
Arianne looks very startled after returning from her trance. "That was, well, interesting to say the least. Yes, I would like to see a more recent map. Perhaps I could compare some of the info." Arianne smiles up at Ernol.

Last edited:

Inez Hull

First Post
OOC: Haragaos will head to the merchants district - a royal writ is likely to hold little sway with a market vendor but perhaps with a merchant who is known to him can make some arrangement

Serpenteye

First Post
Kalanyr said:
Ernol takes in Dekirans questions and replies
"... No, I have personally examined maps of this kingdom hundreds of times as well as having travelled from one side of Taleas to the other, and I will give you my word that there was never a cave there nor was it marked on any maps. But now it seems to be. Most unusual."

Most unusual indeed. This is insane if it's a figment of his and his colleague's imagination, and even more insane if he's telling the truth. Why would anyone make this kind of effort to direct people's attention towards this cave? A trap, possibly, but surely that could be done in easier and less suspicious ways. How was this done? Who would have the power to do it? And why would one of such power even bother laying a trap for a handful of the people of this backwater kingdom? If his intentions are hostile there are more efficient ways he could accomplish his goal.

Dekiran casts Detect Magic as Arianne studies the map.

ferretguy

First Post
Looking at the leering scum, Aerick smiles into his faceWhy I chose to leave my tribe is of no buisness of yours, PIG. And speaking of ladies, shouldn't you go back to yours, and leave your better alone?

OOC: if he makes a move towards Aerick....well beer stein meet face as they would say in my country...
its all fun bein' a nasty barbarian...

When Kay noticed the man tracing his steps, he positioned himself so they could go to a more secluded area before bumping into the stranger. With a swift and practiced motion he draws out his halberd with one hand and holds it to his side, keeping it in eyesight.

"Don't run, I just want some answers.. How much gold do you make in a day with this lifestyle." He asks, honestly.

(Sense Motive +8, readied action to do a subdual strike if the thief begins to run)

Festy_Dog

First Post
Originally posted by ferretguy
"Well Argus, do you know much about Mount Searalas?"

Argus shakes his head

"Nay, but I be interested in mebbe learnin' aboot it. Caverns 'n' creatures be good fun, aye," he replies.

Originally posted by ferretguy
"Why I chose to leave my tribe is of no buisness of yours, PIG. And speaking of ladies, shouldn't you go back to yours, and leave your better alone?"

Argus grins.

The human's got fight in 'im, I respect tha'. Aye, if it comes ta blows I know who I be sidin' with now, aye.

"Aye noo, don't be startin' any trouble... for ye won't be the one ta finish it," Argus tells the barbarian, backing up his new friend.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
*Rylis will slip into the crowd and hide... then double back to follow the one following him...*

[if this is works..... Rylis will then get close..... tumble into his threat range and draw a small longsword to his neck.....]

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Dekiran and Arianne

Dekiran detects an aura of weak magic from Arianne and a few auras of weak magic from Ernol, and an aura of strong magic surrounds the old map but none from the new map.

Arianne uses Object Reading on the map, revealing that its last owner was human, neutral, male, 28 years of age and gained the map by drawing it up for the Cartographer's guild, he lost the map by giving it into guild keeping.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Haragos makes his way to the Joes Emporium, the regular trading store used by the Temple of Aeter.

The shopkeeper bows and scrapes when Haragos enters

"Forgive me Sir, I'm not used to a priest of your stature coming here, its usually a noviate. How can I help you? What do you need? Have I done something wrong ? "

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads