• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Selan- A SE Asian campaign (Critical rebuilding)

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Xenoflare- you've been busy! :D I'm in Adelaide, presently. I'm not sure about Canberra, as I haven't been there since I was very young (like, 4 years old)... so, a little hazy on that. ;)

Contact with Rome? Whoa... that does boggle the mind a little!

Spice Wars....cooool. There's already an interest in trade within the campaign, so this an excellent suggestion.

On magic items- That's heaps great! It'll be nice to have a completely different idea behind magic. The spirits trying to become material again....loving this.
Looks like I should remove most of the item creation feats.

On Astur- Have babies for your god.... :D It sounds like our government's latest suggestion to "have another child for the nation"... :p

More seriously, though... it would be better for them to be more tolerant. Originally, I've had this group as a major trading power in the Delta. Perhaps they are trying to "correct" the Selanese in their impressions of Astur.
Not sure if I want to go into celestial bloodlines... although I already have spirit-touched. Hmmm.... they could have a Astur specific kind of spirit-touched to represent this. As to the nature of Astur itself...
This'll probably require a bit more thought, but I like where it's going so far. :)

We have a good State library here (I've already found some great sources) so if you'd like to share your references, that would be excellent.

Aikuchi

Transient
I think item creation feats are still very much required, but characters with them may have a ... uhmm "aura" that attracts whispering spirits who will continually insinuate their creations :D ... perhaps :D

Spice war/conflict was rather real in many regions of SeA, from most foriegn powers how lie, deceive, power dominate through subtle and un-subtle means to an exclusive access to trade they KNOW they could made a killing of :p
As long as the locals didnt know what theyre true worth (spice) would be in the foreigners homelands :p

xenoflare

First Post
Aikuchi said:
I think item creation feats are still very much required, but characters with them may have a ... uhmm "aura" that attracts whispering spirits who will continually insinuate their creations :D ... perhaps :D

The muse of inspiration! It's like... being held captive by the spirit that possesses you, of fevered artistic passion, until something so painful and great comes to pass that you are utterly drained by its creation.. it's like the Fair Folk in Exalted, demanding mortals to allow them to enter Creation as shaped beings!

Aikuchi

Transient
Makes it a difficult profession no :D

Only those with strong wills (giggles- strong will SAVES) are apt enough perhaps to craft them and resist the "promieses", hauntings and intimidations!

I fear to translate an entire game! gasp to maaly or chinese (LOL).
What is Coup De Grace in Chinese or even attack of opportunity in malay! LOL

Aikuchi

Transient
Well, i suppose there is that one story about the female ghost spirit with stole the tongues of victims (or voice- depending on who tells it).

She could grant the spirit caller with .... "tongues" ... ba - da -bing - tisshhhhhh !

(LOL)

BOLA API! TERMAKSIMA! (fireball! Maximized!)
PELURU KILAT RANTAI !!! (chain lightning bolt!!!)

Sediakan diri untuk lawan kesan-kesan awan asid saya! Muahahaha
(Get ready to resist the effects of my acid fog! Muahahaha)

Mmmhmmm, orang biasa untuk sarapan, orang kerdil untuk makan malam!
(Mmmmhmm, Human for breakfast, dwarf for dinner!)

Death Touch!
(Sentuhan Maut!)

oh gawd, that sounds like a bad malay dub.

Last edited:

xenoflare

First Post
Aikuchi said:
Well, i suppose there is that one story about the female ghost spirit with stole the tongues of victims (or voice- depending on who tells it).

She could grant the spirit caller with .... "tongues" ... ba - da -bing - tisshhhhhh !

(LOL)

BOLA API! TERMAKSIMA! (fireball! Maximized!)
PELURU KILAT RANTAI !!! (chain lightning bolt!!!)

Sediakan diri untuk lawan kesan-kesan awan asid saya! Muahahaha
(Get ready to resist the effects of my acid fog! Muahahaha)

Mmmhmmm, orang biasa untuk sarapan, orang kerdil untuk makan malam!
(Mmmmhmm, Human for breakfast, dwarf for dinner!)

Death Touch!
(Sentuhan Maut!)

oh gawd, that sounds like a bad malay dub.

P Ramlee as the Sorceror FTW!

xenoflare

First Post
Sound of Azure said:
Xenoflare- you've been busy! :D I'm in Adelaide, presently. I'm not sure about Canberra, as I haven't been there since I was very young (like, 4 years old)... so, a little hazy on that. ;)

Contact with Rome? Whoa... that does boggle the mind a little!

Spice Wars....cooool. There's already an interest in trade within the campaign, so this an excellent suggestion.

On magic items- That's heaps great! It'll be nice to have a completely different idea behind magic. The spirits trying to become material again....loving this.
Looks like I should remove most of the item creation feats.

On Astur- Have babies for your god.... :D It sounds like our government's latest suggestion to "have another child for the nation"... :p

More seriously, though... it would be better for them to be more tolerant. Originally, I've had this group as a major trading power in the Delta. Perhaps they are trying to "correct" the Selanese in their impressions of Astur.
Not sure if I want to go into celestial bloodlines... although I already have spirit-touched. Hmmm.... they could have a Astur specific kind of spirit-touched to represent this. As to the nature of Astur itself...
This'll probably require a bit more thought, but I like where it's going so far. :)

We have a good State library here (I've already found some great sources) so if you'd like to share your references, that would be excellent.

HEy just got a brainwave! Why would the spirits want to be material again? And why are spirits immaterial in the first place?

Maybe the Garuda - or other god-folk types - exist not just as Outsiders, but are also here on the Prime Material as actual physical forces and objects. Their temples and giant cities give that huge power and influence over what the physical world actually is. By being themselves, Astur etc actually thus exert control over what the world is.

The spirits may want that influence for themselves - maybe the big gods are just normal spirits that became more and more material... with holy books, holy vestments, reaffirmed with temples and symbols, evoked with the energy of sound and thought in prayer and contemplation.

So it's kinda like a godly gang war too :p

Just random thoughts. Heh. i'll get to you on the references soon... a bit busy in sch these days. Adelaide, huh? i've not had the good fortune to visit before, i'm more familiar with Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth... more friends in those cities.

Remove ads