• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Serenity - the Comic Book (Spolers for issues 1 and 2)

stevelabny

Explorer
Well, I didn't expect to see Dobson back...
Sure my friends and I discussed the possibility of his eventual return if the tv show continued, but I didn't expect to see him in the comic.

The dialogue has been mostly firefly goodness (thought I felt that issue #1 nailed it better than #2) and I enjoyed seeing Book deck the captain.

Not sure we're gonna get an answer about the Hands of Blue guys, but I'm pretty sure at least one of the questions brought up by the movie will be answered.

Just makes me want to mourn some more.

ddvmor

I'm a little teapot!
Hmm. I just picked up issue one today (my comic shop is a bit behind).

Should I be waiting 'til I see the movie before I read it then?

Welverin

First Post
ddvmor said:
Hmm. I just picked up issue one today (my comic shop is a bit behind).

Should I be waiting 'til I see the movie before I read it then?

No, they are a lead in to the movie and should how there got to be only seven crew members (as mentioned in the trailer).

Welverin

First Post
KaosDevice said:
Dobson is back? How is that possible? (I haven't got the comic yet.)

Clearly Joss' grasp on realism is poor, no FTL, but a hundred earth's in one star system? um, o.k.. Guy gets shot throught the eye but isn't dead? um, why even pretend to be realistic?

Welverin

First Post
the stupidity continues!

KaosDevice said:
I thought he got one in the brainpan and was chucked out the back gate. Heck of a thing to survive.

He did, right through the eye, which was replaced with some kind of cybernetic thing.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
I do my best not to think about it and just enjoy the comic. Dobson being back is very weird, oh yes.

Strangely enough, I don't feel the comic is rushed enough. It's only three issues and has to cover a good amount of time. The last issue has a lot of explaining to do.

Welverin

First Post
Ao the Overkitty said:
I do my best not to think about it and just enjoy the comic. Dobson being back is very weird, oh yes.

While I find it rather stupid, it won't stop me from enjoying the comic, I'll just critize it after the fact.

Same goes for other inconsistancies or stupid bits in comics, movies, tv, etc.

Strangely enough, I don't feel the comic is rushed enough. It's only three issues and has to cover a good amount of time. The last issue has a lot of explaining to do.

I suspect it will be jam packed with infotainment!

Jeremy

Explorer
Dobson alive? Doesn't make sense in TV. Makes sense in Joss TV "Death is just a plot hook" according to him. :)

But this isn't TV, or even Joss TV.

This is a comic book. Anyone who has ever died is just temporarily off camera. :)

Remove ads