Services for hire

E

eternalkarma

A rather large human walks to the board. He appears to be new to the area, glancing furtively around as he tacks a note up. Checking his handywork, he nods to himself and walks out, shuffling a coin across the back of the knuckles of his right hand.

New to the realm. Looking to make some coin. Will hire out my considerable services for bodyguard service or guard duty.

Reply below, or find me here in the Crossroads Tavern.

L

little girl

Interested

A coppery haired elven lass walks up to this large human. Her longing dark eyes look up and in a small, quiet voice, she speaks.

"Begging your pardon, My Lord. I see that you are hiring yourself out for bodyguard services?"

She looks about her, trembling a bit. She wears no armour, and you notice no visible weapons upon her. She is dressed in dark clothing. Producing a leather pouch in her right hand she continues.

"I have gold to offer...I can pay you 25 gold a day if you would protect me..."

She shifts from one foot to the other.

"I am Imari...I am being hunted...for my blood."

Imari shakes and wraps her thin cloak about her.

"It is magical, and a group of wizards, or alchemists--I am unsure...they seek to steal my blood, caring not for my life."

Her pale skin is now flushed, and she remains nervous.

"Would you kindly accept my offer?"

E

eternalkarma

Jayden looks the little elf girl up and down, taking in everything, his head cocked. He frowns when he notices the lack of armor and weaponry.

"First thin', darlin', tha name's Jayden. None o' this "Lord" stuff. Second, 25 gold a day is a lot o' gold. I wi' take 20, an' ya buy my meals for me."

He hitches up his chain shirt a little, adjusts the belt partially hidden beneath his cloak, revealing a myriad of daggers and a sword of some type in a scabbard. The black cloak falls shut again as he leans down towards the little elf, frowning at her nervousness.

"I wi' do it, darlin'. I wi' need descriptions, an' tha like, o' these fellas tha are huntin' ya. No mistakes can be made. I wi' he'p ya, but we are ta do it my way."

He looks down at her, waiting for an answer.

L

little girl

Imari tucks a stray lock of hair behind her ear, and still looking up, wide eyed at the tall, muscular warrior, she smiles.

"Oh, many thanks, my Lo---I mean Jayden." Her eyes go even wider when she sees the display of weapons as he lifts up his mail shirt.
"Oh yes, yes...indeed, it will be done your way..."She speaks softly.

She looks about and spies the surrounding area for a place to sit with him.

"Jayden...might we go somewhere more--private to talk of this? Perhaps the Tavern, and we could enjoy a meal together?"

Imari places her coinpurse away quickly, and wraps her cloak about her tightly, awaiting his answer.

E

eternalkarma

Jayden nods down at the little elven girl, the corners of his lips quirking in a barely suppressed smile when she notices his array of weaponry. He makes a motion with his hand, as if to say, 'Lead the way.'

"I wi' follow yer lead, lil one. My services are now yours. I b'lieve priv'cy wi' be best, righ' now."

He adjusts the chain shirt again, then reaches over his shoulder and adjusts the large sword strapped to his back. He stands, waiting for Imara to lead the way.

L

little girl

Imari leads the way to The Crossroads Tavern, moving quickly, darting this way and that and never making a straight line of movement for long. She is almost hyper aware of her surroundings, it seems, and starts easily. Even in the chill air of late Autumn (hope that's good:) she has a sheen of perspiration covering her face.

When they enter the tavern, she leads Jayden to the darkest, most out of the way corner table that can be taken, and summons bargolem.

"Menus, please, some warmed Ironbelly honey-mead for me, and whatever my companion wishes. "

Imari slips bargolem a few gold coins, and politely asks that they may have some 'privacy', if possible.

Smiling at Jayden, she undoes the fastening of her cloak and lets it fall about her slight body.

At the very base of her neck, there is a pale opalescant glow. It appears to be coming from a marking of some kind, but her over-tunic and dress beneath prevent little else from being seen.

"Jayden, I will give you this now-" she speaks in a melodic tone, and quiet, while handing him his first days pay.
"In it is your first day's coin and some--more than enough to pay for the meal here, and later when you become hungered."

She pauses, and then adds after looking about, "It would be more seemly if you were to pay for the meal, yes?"

Then gazing deeply into his eyes, as if trying to 'sense' something about him, she places her small hand atop his large rough one.

A silver cuff is around her wrist, and beneath, there is yet more opalesant glow.

Imari's midnight eyes reflect the 'glow' too, giving her a fey like appearance. Her expression is one of friendliness.

She smiles.

"Please, Jayden, tell me about yourself..."

E

eternalkarma

Jayden follows the darting Imara to the Crossroads, frowning down slightly when she weaves back and forth. His long strides carry him one step for every two of Imara's, and he walks in a straight line towards the 'Roads. He sits across from Imara at the table of her choosing, nodding politely when they are served, asking only for a water.
Jayden's large hand deftly plucks the pouch of coins from the table, slipping it beneath his cloak where it disappears. He glances momentarily at the glow at her neck, but does not seem to pay over much attention to it.
When Imara places her hand over his, he lets his gaze travel down, looking at it momentarily before slipping his own out from beneath hers.

"Ya would like ta know about me? There is na much ta tell, especially when I do na want it all tol'. I was raised in a good fam'ly, left when I was 17. I traveled a ways, an' came across a... person, someone who he'ped me hone my fightin' skills. I b'came one whom others hire ta... rid thems'lves of those tha' are in tha way. I continued ta travel, since t'is a dang'rous bus'ness, an' foun' myself here, after a frien' tol' me ta meet him here. Tha' is all. Or, all tha' I am willin' ta tell."

Jayden smiles, not wanting to insult her, letting her know that he has told her all he comfortably can. He pauses, glancing again to the glow about her wrist and at her neck, then tilts his head slightly to the side.

"Now, wha' is your story, darlin'?"

Remove ads