Seth Green gets scammed out of his NFT and it tanks his new show.

darjr

I crit!
A1063E6A-1FAE-4158-92ED-98903F7549E7.gif

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Now, hang on. NFTs are basically receipts -- in most cases, they don't have anything to do with property law, or copyrights. I have a suspicion neither Seth Green, nor the writer of the article knows how NFTs work or what they are (... which is how the scammers want it, of course), or there's something else going on here.

darjr

I crit!
Now, hang on. NFTs are basically receipts -- in most cases, they don't have anything to do with property law, or copyrights. I have a suspicion neither Seth Green, nor the writer of the article knows how NFTs work or what they are (... which is how the scammers want it, of course), or there's something else going on here.
These apparently have the rights to do creative work using the art as part of the purchase agreement. I think. Which went along with the swiping of them. Four of them I guess.

These apparently have the rights to do creative work using the art as part of the purchase agreement. I think. Which went along with the swiping of them. Four of them I guess.

That still doesn't make sense, though. If you can prove it was stolen, any problems with the contract (purchasing agreement) and IP rights should be fairly easy corrected. The NFT shouldn't even come up on the discussion. The law already knows how to deal with that sort of thing.

darjr

I crit!
That still doesn't make sense, though. If you can prove it was stolen, any problems with the contract (purchasing agreement) and IP rights should be fairly easy corrected. The NFT shouldn't even come up on the discussion. The law already knows how to deal with that sort of thing.
I must agree with you about being confused. I don’t get it either. Maybe it’s a hoax/joke?

Remove ads