SG1: An Old Friend (Wik Judging)

Mellubb

First Post
Mathew d'Cannith Artificer 1 HP: 7 AP: 5 AC: 15

Mathew looks curious at Aldus/Cheep. "I am not sure how important is at the moment, but what did they ask for? And also why did they not kill you? These may not be bad people if they were not willing to use deadly force to get what they needed. They have committed a crime and I do wish to see them punished for it. But, I just need to know how to approach this problem."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Redclaw said:
Do you know how many of them there are? What they might be searching for?
"There be only those three and two more low-lives that be coming in when the fracas started. But I be sure there are more now as I can here them moving and I've seen a few come in and out. As for what they want? Something about lost marks, or the Dragon Prophecy, or some crazy thing. I be doing my best not to listen to them."

Redclaw said:
What was it they asked for, and what do we need to know about your vault to get you out?
Cheep chuckles, a deep, unusual sound from such a dimunitive creature. "Ah, don't you be misunderstanding. It be a security measure, a place I be going if something goes wrong. Theft, creation run amok, unexpected arcane malfunction. I be set up here good for the next few hours or so, but the air will eventually not be to my liking. I can see 'em and hear them, but not so for me unless I be wanting, but only those in front of the vault. That kobold, who be jammering for me to come out, and the thug that seems to be in charge be out there."

Drerek said:
"But why not just send this creature of yours to the watch?"
"Heh, you be listening as well as me old chap Eldas, one your razerclaws. Did I not be saying that one of them be a Watchmen. A surly chap though, and I suspect being paid by them that got me in here. So, uh, be a careful in how you be dealing with them, as murdering a watchmen be frowned upon regardless of the reasons. Anyway, I be lucky Cheep be out and about when this be happening or we not be having this conversation."

Mellubb said:
"And also why did they not kill you? These may not be bad people if they were not willing to use deadly force to get what they needed. They have committed a crime and I do wish to see them punished for it. But, I just need to know how to approach this problem."
Cheep tries to look indignant, something difficult to do when you're hardly a handbreadth tall. "Hmph. I not be defenseless, boy. I've seen the heart of Xen'drik in me day, and Doggie and Fetch be there with me too. But, that thug be a tough customer and they did catch me unawares. I prolly be able to handle the thug by himself, but that kobold be twisting my brain somehow, confusing me. It was the best I could do when I was addled to be getting in here."

stonegod

Mellubb said:
"We did not mean any disrespect I am sorry. How do we find you"
"I be living in Highhold, a couple districts over in Upper Dura. Be a nice little workshop, too." Aldus/Cheep provides you with some rough directions that will most likely make more sense when you arrive. None of you are familiar with the area, though Lorth recognizes the name as a place he believes bunch of other dwarves live.

Redclaw

First Post
Well, there are three main ways to hunt that I know of. The first is to go in fast with something the prey is afraid of (like dogs) and corner it, then take it down. The second is to send beaters around behind the prey and chase it to you. The last is to set up a hidden perch and wait for the prey to come to you, catching it completely unawares. He shrugs. Which of these will work best in this situation, I don't know. I'm not very well-informed about city life. We definitely need a plan for the watchman, however.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Balnibar shakes his head for a moment. "What? Oh, Watchman? Dear me, I must have been thinking too strongly about how to break into the vault... I suppose that Mr. Thunderbanner should be able to get out, easily enough... Although... in the unlikely event that your rescue is delayed, is there a secondary means of breaching the vault from the outside?"

stonegod

InVinoVeritas said:
Balnibar shakes his head for a moment. "What? Oh, Watchman? Dear me, I must have been thinking too strongly about how to break into the vault... I suppose that Mr. Thunderbanner should be able to get out, easily enough... Although... in the unlikely event that your rescue is delayed, is there a secondary means of breaching the vault from the outside?"
The little creature shakes its head vigorously. "Oh no, unless you be planning to dig through the dwarven-placed rock and rouse the authorities and the neighbors doing so! Front door going to be best, unless you try the balcony. Wouldn't recommend the back as I know some of their heavies be waiting there."

Remove ads