• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SG1: An Old Friend (Wik Judging)

Mellubb

First Post
"I have some infusions although I do not believe they will be much help here. I am knowledgeable of magic and architecture. I too couls probably hit a broad side of a barn."

Enter.... Genithar

The large door to the Brewery Tavern's back room bangs open as a robed and hooded figure quickly pushes through, obviously in a rush.

Throwing back his hood, a narrow elven face is revealed, a long nose and pinched features puckered as his almond shaped eyes, halfway hidden by rimless oval blood red lensed spectacles, zero in on the small sprite like construct.

Yellow blond shoulder length hair hangs limply behind his long ears, a headband of dark blue holding back hair from his forehead, and matching the knee length hooded duster/robe of midnight blue and
embroidered with silver stars and moons along hem and sleeves he wears.

A bulging black leather satchel can be seen under the open robe, while a trio of pouches and a Karrnathi made light crossbow, hang off his belt, a small black leather bolt case on his hip, as well as the telltale hilt of a long sword, the sheathed blade neatly sticking out of a slit in his robe.

Nutmeg brown eyes flick around the room at the assembled group as the elf lets out a deep breath and proclaims, "There you are! Your quick cry for aid in the Pottery markets was heard by I, Genithar ir'Rume, but you left too quickly! It seems you've found others to help in your hour of need, but I am not one to let a fellow pursuer of the Art go unaided!"

Standing ramrod straight, and viewing the assembled adventurers, the elf then asks, "If aid is still desired?"

ooc; not sure how to change the color of the text? Good to be here though! Genithar ir'Rume lvl 1 Wizard, 1/4hp, 2/5 AP, AC 13 (touch 13, FF 10) 0-message, detect magic, read magic 1-shield and cause fear memorized

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Dirk Nightbreese said:
ooc; not sure how to change the color of the text? Good to be here though! Genithar ir'Rume lvl 1 Wizard, 4hp, 5 AP, AC 13 (touch 13, FF 10)
OOC: You can use the drop down box down below to see the list of named color; generally, highlight the text and select the color you want. Alternatively, you can type it directly, ala [color= red]This text would normally be red[/color] (except you remove the space between the '=' and 'red' to have it actually work).

Drerek

First Post
Dirk Nightbreese said:
Nutmeg brown eyes flick around the room at the assembled group as the elf lets out a deep breath and proclaims, "There you are! Your quick cry for aid in the Pottery markets was heard by I, Genithar ir'Rume, but you left too quickly! It seems you've found others to help in your hour of need, but I am not one to let a fellow pursuer of the Art go unaided!"

Standing ramrod straight, and viewing the assembled adventurers, the elf then asks, "If aid is still desired?"
Lorth shrugs, "Sure, why not? What do you do?"

The elf moves to a chair at the large table and sits with a sigh of relief, shifting his sword.
Turning his intense gaze upon the beastial features of the Shifter, Genithar responds with a pinched grin, "My skills are varied, but at heart I am a traveling Scholar, wishing to plumb the mysteries of magic and history all around us. Powerful spells are at my command, as I learned the Art while doing my Duty to Karrnath."

His face becoming somber, the elf goes quiet for a moment, perhaps lost in thoughts of the past and then shakes away his memories to ask the weaponless Shifter, "May I inquire as to your name, good sir? Also, please enlighten me on the particulars of the mission that has captured all our interest?"

ooc; i've read all the posts, so if it's cool with everybody, can we say the mission is summed up and Genithar is on the same page as y'all?

Redclaw

First Post
Dirk Nightbreese said:
ooc; i've read all the posts, so if it's cool with everybody, can we say the mission is summed up and Genithar is on the same page as y'all?

OOC: works for me.
So, our plan at the moment consists of tanglefoot bags, some rope for tying the intruders up, and that's about it. Have you any suggestions or tactics to add?

Nodding thoughtfully at the situation, Genithar glances at the armed and armored youth as he responds, "Aye, we must be careful here. Running afoul of the law is ill advised. I agree that subduing the intruders to be a wise course, but I suggest we attempt a subterfuge at first. If one of us can enter, pretending to be something they are not.... a friend of Cheep, or perhaps a customer looking to buy? Perhaps we can throw the thugs off balance and exploit this advantage. At any rate, if we can gather evidence of this Guard's unlawful activities, we may be able to get an in with the Local watch. I am prepared to expend my magic in a conflict, if needs be. Luckily, I've got a spell prepared that should cause one of the combatants to flee. I would most likely target the Thug Cheep refers to, and then we can deal with the others. I like not the sound of this kobald, though."

Looking to the rest of the group, the Wizard continues, "I agree that tanglefoot bags should be purchased for our use. Though perhaps a pair of manacles would be wise, as well?"

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Mellubb said:
"I have some infusions although I do not believe they will be much help here."
The tiny creature make a dismissive motion with its paws. "Feh. I be knowing those arts, and a good merciful weapon could be handy in a pinch, me boy! Don't be so dismissive!"

Dirk Nightbreese said:
Turning his intense gaze upon the beastial features of the Shifter, Genithar responds with a pinched grin, "My skills are varied, but at heart I am a traveling Scholar, wishing to plumb the mysteries of magic and history all around us. Powerful spells are at my command, as I learned the Art while doing my Duty to Karrnath."
"A caster? Well, always be good to having one along. I remember that time Gladrich be saving me hide with that ensmalling spell, though I not enjoy being that small normally. But we sure did give those Dhakani hunters the slip!"

Cheep preens itself a moment before continuing. "Just let me know when you want to be off."

Giving the group a nod, Genithar stands, commenting, "My wits and wonders are ready for this challenge. Tis good to have sturdy companions along. I suggest we supply in Highhold and then make our way to Aldus' workshop, perhaps Lorth and Balinbar can scout through the Balcony as the other three of us make our way through the front door, acting as customers searching for Aldus?"

Remove ads