• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SG1: An Old Friend (Wik Judging)

Redclaw

First Post
Dirk Nightbreese said:
Giving the group a nod, Genithar stands, commenting, "My wits and wonders are ready for this challenge. Tis good to have sturdy companions along. I suggest we supply in Highhold and then make our way to Aldus' workshop, perhaps Lorth and Balinbar can scout through the Balcony as the other three of us make our way through the front door, acting as customers searching for Aldus?"
A sound plan by my assessment. I think it even falls under the second method of hunting I mentioned earlier. We'll be the beaters, distracting the prey, while the other two wait to take advantage of the distraction. This could work out quite nicely.

With a well practiced bow, Genithar repays the young cleric's kind words, with silent honors.

Looking to the other 'Mark, the Wizard asks with interest, "Good Master Matthew, mayhap the 'Merciful' infusion Herr Thunderbanner spoke of would be well used in this situation. Upon Corran's morning star, perhaps?"

Drerek

First Post
Redclaw said:
A sound plan by my assessment. I think it even falls under the second method of hunting I mentioned earlier. We'll be the beaters, distracting the prey, while the other two wait to take advantage of the distraction. This could work out quite nicely.
Lorth nods and smiles, "Let's get them, then."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[Moving right along; feel free to continue to plan/ask Aldus questions/etc.]

With the basic plan in place, the group slips out of the tavern and into the Sharn day. The humidity is fierce, as usual, and the stonework slick from the on-and-off again rain. Due to the large distance involved---Highhold is two districts over, a distance of many miles through twisting passages---the group hails a skycab. A few silvers later, they are zooming past the Sharn skyline. [That's 2sp amongst you for the ride]

Highhold is immediately noteworthy from its neighboring towers by the simple fact of dimension---the tower's doors, windows, and floorplans are designed by dwarves, and thus give the place a compact feeling. While roomy enough for gnomes, the bridges between upper stories hang a little lower than is comfortable for most humans. Ducking is usually unnecessary, but a wary eye is always advisable.

Cheep/Aldus directs the group to a lavishly decorated tower, its stonework carved with frescos depicting the arts of commerce and creation. Groundstoner's sits across multiple towers and several stories, catering to craftmasons, artificers, alchemists, and other ilk. It is likely that Aldus gets most of his supplies from the shop.

Cheep leads you all to a counter were a rudy faced dwarf is busy working on one of the more recent puzzlers from the Inquisitive. Cheep/Aldus quickly explains to the dwarf that the group is here on his business, and to extend them the credit he has one file. The shopkeeper nods, and then asks, "How may I be of assistance?"

[You have 150gp of credit, and any non-magical non-armor/weapon equipment, alchemical equipment, and other similar items can be found on hand. Make me a list, and I'll see what they got.]

Effortlessly paying the SkyCabbie for their service with a gold and 5 copper tip, Genithar receives his change and follows Cheep with a wary eye on his surroundings.

ooc; Spot Check to see if anyone is taking more than casual note of us, please. Cabbie Exchange: -1gp, +3sp +5cp

Obviously impressed by the scope of Groundstoner's, the Wizard does not pay attention to the Architecture, so much as the Frescos themselves.

Upon hearing the Shopkeep's question, Genithar replies, 'Good Day Sir, might you have a pair of strong manacles? Perhaps a Tanglefoot bag or 3?'

Drerek

First Post
Dirk Nightbreese said:
Upon hearing the Shopkeep's question, Genithar replies, 'Good Day Sir, might you have a pair of strong manacles? Perhaps a Tanglefoot bag or 3?'
Lorth adds, "And rope. A dagger too, to cut the rope."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Manacles? An odd request. Not really our speciality, but let me check." The group follows the dwarf between a few aisles, a flight of stairs, and into a section with various bits of chains. He pulls down what appears to be crude, manacle like object. "Used to fasten down heavy loads, but should you in a pinch; give them to ya for 12 gold."

"Tanglefoot bags. Ah, those be easy to find."
Another portion of the store seems to be filled with a large arena of alchemical gear on rosewood racks. "Tanglefoot, acidic spark, thunderstones, take your pick. Batch of 2 bags will cost you 102gp, 3 will be more than Master Thunderbanner's credit."

"Rope. Yes sir, we have plenty. Hauling or climbing---we have you covered."
Near the area with the chains are various ropes, pulley systems, and such. "Some fine hempen rope from north of Wroat at 12 silvers for 50 feet; silk from Zilargo for 11gp per fifty. Grapples or block and tackle are extra, of course."

The dwarf looks scandalized at Lorth's last comment. "This not be a weapon shop! We do have some craft knives that may do a similar job, but they are not for combat. A single gold."

Redclaw

First Post
It's all Corran can do to keep from getting overwhelmed with the sights and claustraphobia of Sharn. He is reminded yet again that he isn't in the Shadow Marches anymore.
He watches, without really processing, as his new companions purchase the supplies for their mission, and he smiles gratefully as he sees how confident Genithar seems to be.
A thunderstone might be useful for a distraction, if we have enough left over.

Remove ads