• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City Adventure Path (Chars Selected)

Phyrrus

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
How would you feel about a human paladin with faith that will eventually get shaken and take up darker means to protect his city? (i.e. a Lawful Good paladin eventually turning into a Lawful Evil blackguard -- who will fully cooperate with the rest of the party, as his goals haven't changed, just his methodology and view of "good.")

I think the idea of an evil character who behaves in a lawful and orderly manner to be an interesting one, but I appreciate that some folks will find an evil character inherently disruptive.

(Blame George R.R. Martin for this thought.)

If the game progressed that far I would you allow you to play him to the first time that he would betray the party to support his own view of "good". At that point he would become an NPC under me.

That is still very far down the road though, so I would prefer to see what he would be at the moment he joined the party and go from that point for the selection process.

Phyrrus

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
I had a Favored Soul in a previous Shackled City game that died off--mind if I play it here (with tweaks for your game)?

Adjust her as you would like for submission and we can go from there. Since the Favored Soul falls in under the Complete "X" catagory, I would like to see how she adjusted to being able to call upon her power so easily while other priests have to train. (As well as any other background you might want to include)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Oh, my theory is that a well-played Lawful Evil sort wouldn't be significantly more brutal than most player characters. I don't forsee betraying anyone particularly, but simply the character being a man of deeply shaken faith who turns to something very dark instead.

I'll get together a paladin soon, using the Nobility trait.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
I was looking at the traits and found this one Demonscarred - Now I have always wanted to try playing a warlock and I figure these two would go hand in hand but I thought that I would ask first considering some people don't like the warlock class.

Phyrrus

First Post
Mimic:

I am open for the warlock class, but like I told Jdvn1 about the Favored Soul, I want to see a well thought out char premise. While I do like the "X" classes, I think they require more thought behind them and I want to make sure that how you see them portrayed fits with how I see them.

So if the extra elbow grease behind them will not be a problem, then submit away.

Phyrrus

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Oh, my theory is that a well-played Lawful Evil sort wouldn't be significantly more brutal than most player characters. I don't forsee betraying anyone particularly, but simply the character being a man of deeply shaken faith who turns to something very dark instead.

I'll get together a paladin soon.

Anti-heroes walk a thin line with me as I feel most things that LE players want to do, a LN char could do as well. That means if we are still going strong when his faith begins to falter, we will be discussing it a great deal because if the party can notice it, then the church he belongs to will certainly know it as well and seek to restore a soul in trouble.

Looking forward to seeing the first stage though.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Phyrrus said:
Adjust her as you would like for submission and we can go from there. Since the Favored Soul falls in under the Complete "X" catagory, I would like to see how she adjusted to being able to call upon her power so easily while other priests have to train. (As well as any other background you might want to include)
You may have missed my qiuck-edit that includes the character sheet (with a background).

I can go into more detail on the background, of course, but I was mostly concerned with initial concept at the time.

Phyrrus

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
You may have missed my qiuck-edit that includes the character sheet (with a background).

I can go into more detail on the background, of course, but I was mostly concerned with initial concept at the time.

The initial concept is fine as it is true that there are very few partial albino halflings in the world and it will make keeping tabs on her easier as she gains fame/infamy. :)

Do the tweaks as you would like, but I am interested in her relation to the other clergy of her faith and other things along those lines.

TresGeek

First Post
Phyrrus said:
Malvoisin - Prospect Wizard
Heh. I was going to submit the idea of a "Wizard Archaeologist/Explorer", someone who has a heavy interest in exploring deep, dark places and uncovering the ancient artifacts of centuries past. I assume that's too similar to a Prospect Wizard? Unless you'd allow them both, in which case perhaps they could have teamed up to work together -- or maybe they directly compete with each other.

Otherwise, how about a simple Dwarven Fighter intent on drinking, adventuring and becoming $$$ filthy rich $$$?

Phyrrus

First Post
TresGeek said:
Heh. I was going to submit the idea of a "Wizard Archaeologist/Explorer", someone who has a heavy interest in exploring deep, dark places and uncovering the ancient artifacts of centuries past. I assume that's too similar to a Prospect Wizard? Unless you'd allow them both, in which case perhaps they could have teamed up to work together -- or maybe they directly compete with each other.

Otherwise, how about a simple Dwarven Fighter intent on drinking, adventuring and becoming $$$ filthy rich $$$?

Submit whichever one you feel you can enjoy the best and let it ride from there. I will tell you that I would consider the mage in the "support" role the 5th slot is filling instead of the must fill position. The fighter would get a closer look due to the fact the party needs to have a melee slot filled when decision time comes.

I also have no problem with two mages, so if you really want that one and it beats out the others in the 5th slot then the two of you could figure out your roles in the group.

Remove ads