• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City - OOC I

Majin

First Post
*Holy crap I'm blind alert!*

Mimic - I took for granted that you had checked both OoC first page threads to get my rules for character creation, but given how far back the *so* important first thread of LoL, and also given the fact that you had no way of knowing I have every thread chronicled in the sticky thread "Divine Records of Exalted Deeds and Vile Darkness", it's not a wonder. Sorry about that. ;) But you'll like this I promise: The point buy for characters in both of these campaigns is 35 points. So that will mean a little re-tooling for your characters, so hope you won't mind that. I'd also take a closer look at your skills after the stat re-tooling. I might have noticed a CC-skill in there that had points spent in it like a class skill. Sorry again about that. ;)

Verbatim

Explorer
To shed a little light on what a Hexblade is, it is a fighter who can curse his opponents with weakness. Right now, the curse is 1/day and a -2 to all rolls (damage, skills, attacks and saves). Later on, it will go to -4, then at the end, -6 and he will be able to use it up to 3/day.

The act of cursing can never be seen as a "good" act, and if Zeric's alignment ever shifts to good, he loses all aspects of the class and his abilities gained.

At lvl 4, he also begins to be able to cast a few spells in armor with 0% chance of spell failure if the armor is light and below (none).

Hope that helps out some Mimic..

Also, I have started rewriting Zeric's history, and tentatively lvled him up last night. To show his apprenticeship with the dwarven smith, I gave him a rank in craft (weaponsmithing), and have began to form some ideas in my head about Zeric and only trusting weapons he has personally forged...:)

Yeah, I know...I put my char through more hell than Majin ever could think of...I think..:)

Mimic

First Post
Majin said:
But you'll like this I promise: The point buy for characters in both of these campaigns is 35 points. So that will mean a little re-tooling for your characters, so hope you won't mind that. I'd also take a closer look at your skills after the stat re-tooling.

Cool, an extra 7 points to play with. I should be able to modify Althron during lunch. It is entirely possible that I made a mistake with the skill points.

As for the wizard I have been working on him but as I stated in my email work has been really busy and has been consuming a large portion of my time of late. I have just his equipment to purchase so look for it within a day or so.

Thanks for the information on what a hexblade is Verbatim.

Verbatim

Explorer
LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see it now...Zeric vs his companions...I am truthfully only scared of Raven...*L* Damn her sneak attack ability...:)

Verbatim

Explorer
*L*

I don't think you could "easily" pick her up amigo..she is 150 lbs of dead weight, making your load 189 amigo, and with a 13 in strength, you will be doing the duck waddle with her. Which was all Zeric wanted to see in the first place..:)

All in all, its all good, I just rolled with the "punch" that she gave me, and it adds more fuel to the Zeric going insane fire...:)

Besides, what good would ice cream be if the only flavor was vanilla....

Majin

First Post
Looks like I'll be filling Orpheus in for an increase to his strength stat for 4th level if he plans to keep that up. ;)

Kirinke - Hippocrachus is right, technically your character is unconcious once below 0 hitpoints, so until she is healed above that mark she is unaware of what's going on around her.

Oh, and as I promised, everyone, besides Mimic of course, can level their characters up now. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads