• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City - OOC I

Mimic

First Post
Majin said:
Hey there Mimic. If you're still interested I'm thinking it would be prudent to have you start working on a character concept for the game, as I'm not sure if Jarval will be returning anytime soon. :\

Also if you're interested, since Jarval was in the other game I'm running (Lamentation of Lolth) we are in dire need of some arcane casting power. If you feel you're up for it, we could use you there as well.

Note that this is to not push Jarval out of the game because he's still not back yet. If/when he returns, he should know that he is still very welcome to rejoin both games, regardless of Mimic's decision of whether to still join or not. :)

*Grabs the offer and runs* Muhaha.... its mine, mine.... (sorry couldn't resist)

Both offers sounds good, you wanted a divine caster here right? Was thinking of a cleric, possibly dwarf and I will get to work on it asap, expect something within a day or so.

I will post a character in your other thread as well.

Almost forgot... what levels are looking at? Both 1st level?

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Yes a divine caster in Shackled City, arcane is strongly recommended for Lamentation.

1st-level for Shackled City (soon to be 2nd) and 4th-level for Lamentation, actually. Glad to have you aboard. :)

Mimic

First Post
How much gold do I start with? 100 gold for the cleric, what about the 4th level? Any magic items?... full of questions aren't I?

Badger

First Post
*delurks*

While I am too late to hop in, damn my need to visit family, I would like to add myself to the alt list. I have been following both of your games for awhile Majin and if another slot opens, I would like to be considered.

*slips back on lurker cloak*

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
(Manz) - *Jawdrop*, I think you know. ;)

(Mimic) - A 4th level character has 5,400 gp in wealth, at this point no more than +1 on any magical item. :)

(Badger) - Consider yourself "Alted" :cool:

Dhes

Explorer
Good to have you aboard Mimic. :D

Majin, What lvl will we be when we are don with the “Box” and get the rat back to the lock smith, maybe Mimic can start on lvl. 2 and you can freeze his xp till we all catch-up to him.

kirinke

First Post
i don't have a problem with the level 2 thing for Mimic. especially if he's going to be a cleric of some sort. from what i understand, the shackled city campaign is very intense and we're going to need all of the umph we can grab. And we're probably going to level pretty quickly. And a one level difference isn't going to be too unbalancing anyway.

Oh and welcome aboard Mimic!
Maj, for Alinis, I am thinking of doing the sorcerer thing, but I'm none too clear on the rules for a sorcerer so I'm going to need help on that :)

Last edited:

Majin

First Post
Actually, looking at the XP for the party it would probably be better if Mimic, you just go ahead and make your guy level 2, as the party will be close enough to leveling after this and returning the rat that it will take them just a few more points anyway to go up that level, which I can hand out as a party story award.

So Mimic, make that cleric level 2, and he starts out with 900 gp to spend now. ;) Sorry for the trouble.

Mimic

First Post
Ha ha. And here I was just about to post the character... no problem though I will up his level and buy some new stuff

Oh, I made his god St. Cuthbert, seemed it would be easiest to throw him in the party that way.

Remove ads