Shadowrun: For Us It Was a Tuesday [OOC]

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Yah, I've never played before but am totally into the newbie thing. We have a couple of the older editions but apparently not the new one. So, there is that. I always need some hand holding during character creation anyway. I'm having a blast playing new things in my PBP games.

Unsung

First Post
Hi Queenie. :)

The movie Blade Runner, definitely the movie. The book Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? is a whole different animal, pun fully intended. Nothing against it, but the stark neon haze and sudden violence of the movie codified a genre. I've heard the adventure game was great, too.

I almost put Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World on that list, but I wasn't sure if anyone would know what I was talking about.

galenbd

First Post
Hello all,

I joined up because of this thread. I, too, am interested in Shadowrun. I've been playing since 2nd Edition. The only edition I didn't really like is 4th.

I cannot GM in Play-by-Post or I'd offer to run one here. I run games Face-to-Face with good success, but I've tried my hand at GM on forums like this and I have trouble keeping up consistent posting.

That being said, I have no trouble playing in this format. By my count, I make the 4th player interested. I someone wants to GM, I think we can have a game.

Queenie said:
Yah, I've never played before but am totally into the newbie thing.
Right there with you. I'm really digging figuring out new and different gaming systems. They're like the Thai food to my meat and taters diet of Pathfinder and 3.5, so to speak. And who doesn't like Thai?

Unsung said:
I almost put Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World on that list, but I wasn't sure if anyone would know what I was talking about.
Anyone who likes Hard Boiled Wonderland is Good People in my book. Such a wonderful novel. Such a wonderful author.

galenbd said:
I joined up because of this thread. I, too, am interested in Shadowrun. I've been playing since 2nd Edition. The only edition I didn't really like is 4th.

I cannot GM in Play-by-Post or I'd offer to run one here. I run games Face-to-Face with good success, but I've tried my hand at GM on forums like this and I have trouble keeping up consistent posting.

That being said, I have no trouble playing in this format. By my count, I make the 4th player interested. I someone wants to GM, I think we can have a game.
Welcome to EN World! I love that the prospect of Shadowrun got you to come out of hiding and create a user ID. I totally get not wanting to GM a PbP game. I currently run two, and do not have time to do justice to a third--no matter how tempted I am to do so. I can, however, play in another game. I want so very much to participate in a Shadowrun game that I think I've reached the point where I am willing to forgo other stellar playing opportunities in order to save a spot to play some Shadowrun. Sounds like you, too, are willing to put up with the vagaries that are PbP in order to get your Shadowrun fix.

I agree, it sounds like we have the following individuals as potential players:

galenbd
Queenie
Unsung
CanadienneBacon
Shayuri​

But we need a GM. Shayuri?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Count me as a player, but there's no way I'd have the time to run a game and do a decent job of it. :(

Also, I love me some Thai food. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Hahaha!

Well, if you ever find yourself in Minneapolis, look me up. There's a place called Krungthep that has some amazing pad thai and curry dishes. There's some great places in St Paul too!

I played as a player in a tabletop shadowrun game a year ago - I played a human rigger.
After that I, as other, played the PC shadowrun game.
Never DMed before - I'll happy to join as a player.

Remove ads