• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shar-gûl thrak-dug burz [IC ME 3.5 SA]

Inez Hull

First Post
I think my life must be going too well at the moment because some perverse part of my nature is driving me to face down the curse of Tolkein. That's right, I'm going to have a crack at GM'ing a ME adventure. I thought I'd post here for expressions of interest from those unfortunates who'd already had a few games die on them before recruiting in the OOC forum.

I'm planning on running a game based off the old MERP adventure "The Phantom of the Northern Marches".

Anyway, please post your thoughts here and I'll get a OOC thread up and running after this has had a while to be spotted.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Inez Hull said:
I think my life must be going too well at the moment because some perverse part of my nature is driving me to face down the curse of Tolkein. That's right, I'm going to have a crack at GM'ing a ME adventure. I thought I'd post here for expressions of interest from those unfortunates who'd already had a few games die on them before recruiting in the OOC forum.

I'm planning on running a game based off the old MERP adventure "The Phantom of the Northern Marches".

Anyway, please post your thoughts here and I'll get a OOC thread up and running after this has had a while to be spotted.

IH I'm interested, could we have some further info? What age and locales near the Northern Marches.

Mirth

Explorer
I'm actually trying to cut back on my gaming right now, but I can't let this one go. I've got to add my name to the list. Thanks for stepping up to the plate, IH.

Inez Hull

First Post
The characters will be likely starting in Bree but the adventure takes place in the southern edge of Rhudaur's Northern March around Third Age 2997. I would actually prefer new characters which I will ask to be emailed to me rather than posted online. Given the locale, characters will probably need to have some capability to get by in the wilds or at least look after themselves. This game is prolly more suited to human PC's but I am certainly open to other races if you can find a good reason why they would be willing to traipse around northern Arnor. My aim is to correspond by email/messenger with every player and introduce them to the game individually the way Arador (for those who remember) did with his game.

I'm thinking Level 4 3.5E characters using Col. Hardison's racial mods and also only allowing every second level for pure spellcasters.

Anyway, thats my thoughts at the present moment but I am certainly amenable to change if you all would like to see things differently. I'll give this a couple more days here for ideas from you guys and to give othere players the chance to show up then I'll post up a proper OOC thread.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Inez Hull said:
The characters will be likely starting in Bree but the adventure takes place in the southern edge of Rhudaur's Northern March around Third Age 2997. I would actually prefer new characters which I will ask to be emailed to me rather than posted online. Given the locale, characters will probably need to have some capability to get by in the wilds or at least look after themselves. This game is prolly more suited to human PC's but I am certainly open to other races if you can find a good reason why they would be willing to traipse around northern Arnor. My aim is to correspond by email/messenger with every player and introduce them to the game individually the way Arador (for those who remember) did with his game.

I'm thinking Level 4 3.5E characters using Col. Hardison's racial mods and also only allowing every second level for pure spellcasters.

Anyway, thats my thoughts at the present moment but I am certainly amenable to change if you all would like to see things differently. I'll give this a couple more days here for ideas from you guys and to give othere players the chance to show up then I'll post up a proper OOC thread.

What about stats? 4d6 point buy, what?

Remove ads