• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Memory--Act I: The Boundless Void

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Galley, Easily Observable, eldish] "You're free to do as you wish my love, but I just thought..." Kirkesh is interupted by the ice cream run. He peers in Zaeryn's direction before he looks back to Vanessa and continues. "I had thought you wanted to learn the ropes of sailing such a vessel. I won't however, make you do anything you don't wish my love."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Galley, Easily Observable, Eldish]"Oh, I did want to learn that too! If you'd like me to come, I'd be glad to have you teach me, Kirkesh, and anyone else who wanted to help, too."[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Galley, Easily Observable, eldish]Kirkesh smiles at Vanessa "Well, I'd check with the captain and find out when she can train you on the helm, and work around that. Her time is surely prescious, so learning what you can from when she's around is probably best."

"But I'd be glad to teach you want I can about sailing when I can, and I'm sure the fine crew here won't mind an extra hand, even one who's learning."[/sblock]

Festy_Dog

First Post
[sblock=Galley, easily observable]Diedrik finished his food and put his plate to one side. He nodded in agreement to what Yuriko had to say.

[sblock=Larakese]
Keia said:
"I would agree, Diedrik-san," Yuriko said, pleased that Diedrik was interested in working with her. "I would also suggest a summary of all those with mystical training. At certain times it would also be prudent to have one with such training on hand as well."

Diedrik nodded.

"Its good you thought of that, Yotsu-san. I don't think the security for this job will be easy, but I get the feeling we're up to the challenge."

Keia said:
Yuriko bowed her head a moment, keeping her eyes downcast, her long black hair hiding her face a bit. "I would be honored to walk with you on your patrol, if you will have me."

"Gosh Yotsu-san, you make it sound so formal like that, but then that's just how things are right?" Diedrik smiles understandingly, then bows his head in return, "It would be an honour to have you join me. We need to get to know the ship anyway, explore the ins and outs, see what needs particular attention. If we do it together we can discuss issues as they arise."[/sblock]

[sblock=Eldish]
Keia said:
Kirkesh finishes his breakfast "Well, I'll be as much of a help as I can be. I'm no stranger to this ship, so shouldn't take me long to fit in with the crew."

"I'm glad. Experience is valuable on a job like this. We're going to need cool heads should problems arise far from known ports of call. I'd wager the crew will appreciate your presence."[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Galley, Easily Observable]*Valyssa comes into the galley and heads right to the place that Zaeryn had checked before and retrieves some ice cream, heading out just as quickly with a bowl in hand.*[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Female Larakese Martial Artist

[sblock=Galley, Easily Observable]*Yuriko looked quite humorous as she raised a single brow to the antics of the two, particularly Valyssa in her quest for something in the cold box. She couldn't keep the slight grin from her face as she observed.

She continued mulling over Diedrik's comments.*[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Galley, Easily Observable, eldish] Kirkesh, eyeing the antics of the other Altanan, chuckles softly to himself.

Kirkesh, having finished his breakfast, says "Well, I had best make my way topside and see where my hands are needed." He gives Vanessa a tender kiss, "Enjoy your day my love, I look forward to hearing about the joys of the helm."

He rises, gives an appropriate bow to Yuriko, and a nod of acknowledgement to Deidrick before saying, "Let me know if my services are needed for patrol as well. I must confess I am not a stranger to a blade."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Galley, Easily Observable, Eldish]"And I hope you enjoy your work on the ship, my dear Kirkesh. I'll tell you all about it later today."[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Galley, Easily Observable, eldish]Kirkesh smiles and gives Vanessa one last kiss"Till then my love."

He nods to Dedrick, bows appropriately to Yuriko, and then makes his way above deck to see where his hands can be made usefull.

OOC: Festy, feel free to respond to his earlier comment, I'm just trying to move things along.[/sblock][sblock=Deck, Easily Observable]Kirkesh emerges on desk, and looks around for any obvious tasks that need to be done or could benifit from his assistance.[/sblock]

Festy_Dog

First Post
[sblock=Galley, easily observable]*Diedrik couldn't help but feel somewhat amused also by the Altanian couple's display of activity.*

[sblock=Larakese]"Heh, a coldbox. This ship has some nice features," he says, pondering on what kind of things he could put in it for fun, "Yotsu-san, when you're ready we can make our security assessment of the ship."[/sblock]

[sblock=Eldish]
Bront said:
"Let me know if my services are needed for patrol as well. I must confess I am not a stranger to a blade."

"Another sword arm is always welcome, Kirkesh," Diedrik replied in appreciation of the offer.[/sblock]

*Diedrik leaned back and gazed at the galley ceiling.*[/sblock]

[sblock=Rystil]*Diedrik leaned back and gazed at the galley ceiling. He couldn't help but wonder the odds of throwing his fork and managing to have it embed enough into the ceiling to have it stay there a while. At least long enough to drop into the meal of whoever ate in that spot next, but that was probably wishful thinking.*

Kirkesh made an offer to help with guard duty. I guess I could give him a slightly heavier workload than the rest, reason that I think he's more qualified and thusly good to have around as often as possible. I'll see when the time comes. Hmm, but since he's left that reminds me...

*Diedrik glances over to Vanessa. Now was his opportunity to shed some light on what had happened, and whether it posed a threat to the expedition. He waits a short while, making sure that Kirkesh wasn't coming back for any last goodbyes before they separate for the day.*[/sblock]

Remove ads