• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Memory--Act I: The Boundless Void

Bront

The man with the probe
Kirkesh shugs, "This isn't getting me anywhere. Any other ideas? Or should we change the watch appropriately?"

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Bront said:
Kirkesh shugs, "This isn't getting me anywhere. Any other ideas?"
“There are many ways it could work, Kirkesh, but without a deeper magical investigation, which I can’t do currently, I can only make guesses. Perhaps you need to ask the hat to take the item, or there could even be a command word which we don’t know.”

Festy_Dog

First Post
Diedrik adjusts his belt, getting used the the slightly lighter weight of the longsword compared to his previous weapon as it rests on his hip now.

"I'd recommend a minimum of three people, preferably more, on watch at any time and one of them has to be one of us. I'll put up a sign-on sheet which people can mark before and after their shifts, and whichever of us is on watch will log any events that take place during that time, taking special note of observed crew movements," he says, leaning against the wall.

"Traceless disappearances tempt me to recommend something akin to martial law, but for the sake of morale I'm guessing it wouldn't be a good idea," Diedrik frowns, "Aside from the change of watch we should probably interview the other sailors and do another sweep through the missing individuals' quarters for useful evidence."

[sblock=ooc]For the sake of updating my character sheet, do we know what +? the longsword is?[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Kirkesh nods, "Locking things down further will only cause panic, confusion, and anger with the Captain and those they feel she favors."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"It is unusual that things went unnoticed with our watch schedule," Yuriko offered. "Perhaps instead of increasing the watch . . . or perhaps to supplement the watch, an investigation of their quarters, belongings, and areas they likely went missing from would be in order."

Yuriko knew that wishing for more personnel for the ship was not likely to happen . . . the supplies would not likely support the added personnel.

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

“Well, let’s investigate first, and then see what needs to be done with the watch schedule,” Zaeryn suggests. “How about two groups of at least two, each with a person who can detect magic, and we sweep the ship from one end to the other?”

Remove ads