• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Memory- Prologue: Fractured Union Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Martial Artist

Rystil:[SBLOCK]
Rin said:
"I only wish I was as certain as I try to be...I hope I am doing the right thing..."
"So do I, Rin-san," Yuriko replied, understandingly. "The only way to be certain is to see how things play out and hope for the best. Training, greater understanding, and avoidance of the taint will help greatly as well . . . I would think."

*Yuriko paused for a moment to let things sink in a bit, then asked Rin another question.*

"Do you want me to come with you when you speak with Yu?" [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
Yuriko said:
"So do I, Rin-san. The only way to be certain is to see how things play out and hope for the best. Training, greater understanding, and avoidance of the taint will help greatly as well . . . I would think."

"Yes, I guess you are right...I hope so..."

Yuriko said:
"Do you want me to come with you when you speak with Yu?"

"Yes, please...if you have the time, it would help me if you lend me your strength..."
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

[SBLOCK]
Rin said:
"Yes, please...if you have the time, it would help me if you lend me your strength..."
"Very well, Rin-san," Yuriko replied. "I will be there with you, to help where I can. I will let you lead the discussion however. Yu should get used to you in a position of authority. I will of course assist you if necessary. I am confident you will do well."[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
*Rin nods and bows.*

"Arigatou, Yuriko-sama."

*And she heads off to the healing ward, where Yu is resting.*

"Is Mommy going to be alright?" Yu asks, looking very scared.

"We're going to try Yu. I promise we'll try. But...I can't promise anything else, OK?"

"But Sister!"

"I'm sorry Yu...It's the most I can be sure. I hope that Mother will be fine, I really do."

"Sister...I'm scared without Mommy."

"I know Yu...I am too...Be strong for me, OK?"

"Okay, sister..."

*He doesn't seem very sure of himself though.*
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Rystil[sblock]*Yuriko watched silently from behind and to the side of Rin. As Yu continued his uncertainty, Yuriko offered support.*

"I understand that you might be scared, Yu-san," Yuriko replied. "This hasn't been a very fun adventure for you . . . or for Rin and I - of that I'm certain. However, you have been very brave so far, and I believe that you will continue to be brave. Rin needs you to help her and provide support - she is in charge of the family now - - regardless what happens with Shinoa. When you have recovered some, the monks here will help you become focused and strong, perhaps even provide wisdom that they have learned through the ages. It will be a challenge . . . but there may be some fun in there as well."[/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Yu said:
"I...I just wish Mommy was okay and Han..." Yu cries out, whimpering a bit.
'Well they're not!' Yuriko thought somewhat angrily. 'You should be grateful you're alive and stop being a baby!!! . . . . control Yuriko. It's not his fault . . . he is a child.

*Yuriko closed her eyes a moment to regain a calm demeanor again, not that she didn't have one before, but her outburst may have let something slip. She counted to a quick five and opened her eyes again, focussing on the calming techiques taught to a monk.*
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Rin said:
"Are you alright, Yuriko-sama?" Rin asks, a look of concern on her face.
Yuriko smiled at Rin . . . she was perceptive. "Yes, Rin-san. I am alright. I just am tired . . . and not used to dealing with those so young. I am sorry."[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia:
[SBLOCK]
"Oh, I see, Yuriko-sama. If you are tired of dealing with Yu...or with me, just say it, and I will no longer bother you. I apologise..."
[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads