• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shards of Memory- Prologue: Fractured Union Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Rystil:[sblock]*Yuriko relayed the understanding of the responsibilities to Rin, to make certain she was prepared for it.*

'That is a lot to ask of a child, Tao-sama,' Yuriko replied. 'For everything she's been through . . . just a child. Perhaps I can check on her after my mission . . . though I fear it will be too late.'[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
*As Yuriko relays her understanding, Rin visibly trembles, but nods, trying to put on a show of resolve.*

'Hai, Yuriko-chan. It is a grim task to ask a daughter to kill her mother. Only the most strong-willed can ever convince herself that it must be done, steeling her resolve to make that awful blow...As for Rin, perhaps she will be lucky...Perhaps her mother will be able to cope.'
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Martial Artist

Rystil[sblock]'She, I mean Shinoa, did not seem very strong after bring tainted. However, before that, she raised the three children on her own and managed her home. Perhaps it will be enough,' Yuriko thought.

Quietly to Rin, Yuriko offered, "Perhaps the order would be able to help, by training you and providing their wisdom, were you to ask. Master Senyuki spoke highly of your potential as a priestess."

OOC: if I remember correctly. :)[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
'The Taint saps the very willpower necessary to resist its siren's call...It is a vicious cycle.'

"I guess so...There's either that or go back to the farm, but who knows what has happened in our absense, and I'm not sure if it would even be safe all th way out there..."
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Rystil:[SBLOCK]
Rin said:
"I guess so...There's either that or go back to the farm, but who knows what has happened in our absense, and I'm not sure if it would even be safe all th way out there..."
"Perhaps when you and Yu are older, you will be able to reclaim that which was yours," Yuriko offered.

If it was socially acceptible to do so Yuriko asked the Elder, "Elder-sama, would it be possible for Rin and Yu to train and receive the wisdom of the elders and masters here at the monastery?"[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
"By then, I have doubt that there will be anything of value left to claim," Rin ponders.

*The elder nods to Yuriko.*

"Hai, child. Senyuki-san has already asked this of us, and we are willing to take care of them, as our doors are always open, so long as they are ready to accept the intense discipline expected for those who seek the holy truth."
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Rystil[sblock]*Yuriko looked to Rin for her response to the Elder's statement. Yuriko herself had nothing more to add to the conversation - feeling it wasn't her place to speak on these personal matters.*[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
"I will talk to Yu," Rin replies, trying to seem calm and poised, sure of herself, though it is clear she is not, "Though for myself, I am ready and willing to accept my responsibiliy."

"Very good then, child," the elder replies, "Then you may go and ask your brother."

*Rin bows very deeply and exits the room.*
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

Rystil[sblock]
Elder said:
"Very good then, child," the elder replies, "Then you may go and ask your brother."
*Yuriko waited a moment after Rin left to make certain that the Elder had nothing more for her as well. If he didn't, Yuriko bowed low and followed Rin out of the room.*

Once she caught up with Rin, Yuriko said, "That was very brave, Rin. I am proud of you."[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads