Shards of Memory- Prologue: Fractured Union Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"Well if by unusual tomes, you mean ancient magical grimoires pilfered from the legendary secret library of the Byblans, then yep, I've got one of those," Alyria replies, heading to the door in the back of her cabin--from what Zaeryn has seen abovedecks, there's not really enough room back there for more than a small closet, so hopefully the few books she has back there are something special.
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Rystil

[SBLOCK]*Suspecting some sort of extradimensional space, Zaeryn takes Valyssa’s hand as they follow Alyria, his appetite whetted by talk of Byblan grimores he replies:*

“Certainly sounds unusual enough for me, I’ve always wanted to discover a hidden cache of magical knowledge myself...guess that’s one I won’t find though,” he says, almost sounding disappointed.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"Well, its still out there--I just stole one of their books. I even hear they moved it because I found it...Anyways, follow me."

*Alyria opens the door and steps inside, beckoning for Valyssa and Zaeryn to follow.*
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“Guess I might find it after all then,” he says, grinning as they follow Alyria, “Not that I begrudge you finding all of those tomes of course, but I am a little envious...hmm, at least now I’ll have an idea of what to look for!”[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"Yes you do, although they may take even more precautions this time, especially if they found that book missing."

"Hmm...I didn't know you stole from them, Lyri--that's so...naughty," Valyssa says with a grin.

*Zaeryn feels a bit disoriented when he walks through the door, and he finds himself in a large but cozy room full of shelves, which in turn are stuffed with books. There is a little reading desk with a comfy chair and a book left open.*
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“So where is this room exactly...I’ve never felt quite like that passing into an extradimensional space before?” Zaeryn asks, after they pass through the door...scrutinising the room while he waits for an answer.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"Well, it is an extradimensional space, but it is anchored only loosely to this plane so that it can pass through crystal spheres along with the ship and be accessed via the phlogiston. However, this causes a side-effect of disorientation when passing the veil between the extradimensional space and the normal world."
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“Hmm, I never knew travelling the spheres was so complicated,” Zaeryn replies, before turning to Valyssa, “A mini-library you said Valyssa, well I suppose it is small compared to an academy library, but I’d be more than pleased to have one of this size of my own, maybe I’ll be able to assemble one eventually.” Speaking to Alyria once again, he asks, “Anything you’d recommend?”[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Martial Artist

Rystil:[SBLOCK]
Elder Ryuko . . . maybe said:
"Very well then."

*Yuriko thanked the Elder for the opportunity to again train at the monastery, then asked about where she should stay. After that, she headed to the common area for some breakfast, devotions, then to find Master Senyuki.*

OOC: Sorry! Short summary post - uncertain how long I'm here tonight! [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"I bet you will some day! You have a bunch of good ones so far at home, and I'm sure you'll have more soon if you try."

"Yes, it is quite complicated...As for my favourites, I have a few interesting treatises on magical theory that I really enjoy, but you may have already read them back home. There's a few from different Spheres that you might enjoy, I think? Do you know their names? If so, and if I have a book from there, I can show you. Do you know Comprehend Languages? You may need it."
[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads