Shards of Memory- Prologue: Fractured Union Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
*As Zaeryn leaps into the water, he suddenly hits marble, hard, making a loud thump.*

*He hears a giggle, and suddenly the bathhouse shimmers and shifts around, revealing the bath he had seen before to be located further out than he had thought, so that he had jumped into the solid marble of the floor.*

"Ah yes, Mirage Arcana--what a funny spell, eh?" Alyria asks.

"Yes, you were right, Alyria. It is indeed." Valyssa replies.
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“Ouch, that hurt,” Zaeryn cries, as he puts a hand to the back of his head as he lays prostrate on the floor.

OOC: A bit cruel, considering I was trying to splash them and so would have jumped near them...you spoil all my fun. ;) [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
*From their true positions, rather than the illusory spot Zaeryn thought they were where he now lies, the two girls look on.*

*Valyssa's expression changes from a smiling laugh to a look of concern, as she pulls herself out of the bath, gleaming drops of water glistening on her smooth skin like dew and trickling down her hair as she approaches Zaeryn, cradling him in her arms like a child as she strokes his forehead gently, while whispering words of arcane power, and suddenly, the pain falls away, replaced by a feeling of bliss and contentment.*

"I'm so sorry Zaeryn--are you alright?"

(OOC: Oops, I forgot to mention that Valyssa and Alyria's positions were illusionarily shifted as well by the Mirage Arcana. So he did indeed drop near where he thought they were :p--That's what happens to an evoker who gets caught up with illusionists)
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“Sort of...at least I didn’t break anything,” Zaeryn replies, continuing to lie there in Valyss’a embrace, all memory of the pain fading rapidly.

OOC: Mirage Arcana doesn’t create illusory duplicates of people...read the last sentence. Not that it really matters in this case, but for future reference.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"Oh good, I'm glad--would you like to join us?" she beckons towards the water.

(OOC: Hmm...I've never had anyone use the spell before, but yup, it indeed cannot duplicate creatures--they must have been Displaced then or using a Projected Image :heh: )
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“Certainly...if you’d told me you were coming here in the first place I would have left those books behind in a heartbeat, I haven't had a good soak in a long time...especially not with such pleasant company,” Zaeryn says, grinning as he gets up and makes his way to the bath.

OOC: I think it would have been funnier with the mirage arcana, to have Zaeryn fall in as he was approaching thinking the edge was further away, but that would have required reading the spell. :p [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"Well, we weren't sure that we were going to go here at the time--it isn't even really a permanent place on the ship, you know." Valyssa replies as she walks over with her arm around Zaeryn.

"That's true--I opened up a small portal to the Elemental Plane of Water and connected it into this modified Magnificent Mansion spell effect," Alyria explains.

"By the way, we were sort of hoping that you were going to fall into the water when you went over there," Alyria points to a spot that had a perfect vantage point for peeking at the illusionary Valyssa and Alyria, "But we didn't expect you to jump in."

(OOC: Ah, but that would have required getting out my PH (not that I eventually didn't have to do so to check that last line))
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]“Although Valyssa hasn’t know me very long, I would have thought she’d know I was a little more playful than that...hmm, then I guess neither of you knew I could turn myself invisible either, so you weren’t anticipating my sneaking up and jumping in the water. Anyway no permanent harm done, just a little bit of pride chipped off the exterior, should be good as new within the week,” Zaeryn replies, following Valyssa cautiously into the actual water this time.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"Yes, that is true--we didn't know you could become invisible, so we never expected you to take the direct route and jump into the water as a surprise."

"Yes, I was kind of expecting you to try to sneak around the back where Alyria pointed and then give us a scare--except then you'd be all wet, of course. I'm glad you're okay, though," she gives him a kiss as they sink into the warm, relaxing water of the baths.
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post

Rystil

[SBLOCK]Zaeryn returns Valyssa’s kiss as they sink into the bath, then Zaeryn says, “Ah, that feels good...too bad we just can’t just come here at a whim.”

*Once ensconced in the warm waters, he then does take the chance to ‘peek’ at Alyria.*[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads