• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shark World Inc

alsih2o

First Post
not just the heat, but the nasty chemicals that ensue from the area as well, that way it becomes very hard to follow them in

Crothian

First Post
alsih2o said:
not just the heat, but the nasty chemicals that ensue from the area as well, that way it becomes very hard to follow them in

The heat, the sulfer, maybe even the large amounts of naturally occuring bacteria acts like a potion of healing for this thing.

alsih2o

First Post
Crothian said:

The heat, the sulfer, maybe even the large amounts of naturally occuring bacteria acts like a potion of healing for this thing.

yes, like an underwater troll who only gets their regen bonus if they are within a certain distance of the vents.

Crothian

First Post
alsih2o said:

yes, like an underwater troll who only gets their regen bonus if they are within a certain distance of the vents.

I'm thinking of a scaling Fast Healing. The closer to the vents they are the greater the fast healing. In an actual vent they will be almos impossible to kill because the Fast Heal will be so high.

Crothian

First Post
I've got the Animal Lord template so I'm going to rework the Megladon with that as well (3 templates, might be a little much). WEll, maybe, I want to take a closer look at the template first. At any rate I think there will be Animal Lords for many of the sea creatures. THough the Clam Lord seems a little hard to picture. :D

Aeolius

Adventurer
I did add a mollusklord, not long ago...a PrC needed to command a giant shellship - in essence a giant oyster that propels itself about like a scallop. Think Spelljammer and Farscape ;)

Attachments

• critter2.jpg
    critter2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
For the Megladon do I do Legendary shark or Animal Lord Template on the Shark? After looking over the template I've determined that it should be one or the other.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Crothian said:
Nice concept but the picture is of a sea lizard and a woman riding here.

For the Megladon do I do Legendary shark or Animal Lord Template on the Shark? After looking over the template I've determined that it should be one or the other.

I couldn't find my image of the shellship, so I posted one I was working on last night, of a mermaid riding side-saddle on a sea serpent.

In BPAA, there is a legendary shark modeled after a golden hammerhead. Yes, another case of Discovery Channel to the rescue. :D

Crothian

First Post
Talking fish: When the astrodiods hit and many of the gods died magic on Shark World when into a period of upheveal. One of the best known stories of this is the city of Shardirod. Shardirod was an underwater city built in and around a great quantity of Quartz. They used their magic to create buildings and structures out of quartz to give the whol city a very beuatiful glow as the light was reflected and refracted by the crystals. When the metoeros where coming Dionde, the goddess of magic, was only a meer 400 miles aways when she used her great magic to try to destroy the great falling rocks. She died in the process, but using so much power had an unforseen side effect. Exess magic gathered to gether and started to flow through the water like torpedios. They passed through many things and creatures destroying them. When the hit Shardirod, however, the magic was refracted in the crystals and the spread everywhere. While the magic was weakened so it didn't destroy what it touched the crystals bounced it around so it affected everyone of the city. THey were all changed into fish, talking fish. They wree changed into a thousand different types. THey had all their knowledge but were rather limited as a fish with what they could do. They also become immortal, or close to it.

To this day there is a large school of fish roaming the great oceans. THis school is made up of countless varities. Some are the talking fish of Shardirod, other have just joined it over the years.

Not all the changed people of Shardirod stay with this school. Some of ventured off alone to try to find a way to reverse what has happened to them.

Remove ads