• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shark World Inc

Crothian

First Post
alsih2o said:

how about expanding that whole "must keep moving" thing to some land based species?

quit movng, and you can't breathe, now there is a serious handicap for a race, allows for some serious advantages to make up for it :)

What's this "must keep moving" thing?

Crothian

First Post
drowdude said:

Hey! I happened to really enjoy Deep Blue Sea! Watch what movies you insult buddie! :p

We need to have all kindsa variety sharkwise... regular sharks of all breeds, dire sharks, weresharks, abyssal sharks (here and there... servants of the Megalodon), have a legendary shark present of each breed, flying sharks, and so on and so forth.... having the Sahuagin being one of the predominat races works well towards that end as well...

And since that bloodied template raises the creatures Int, all we have to do is use that judiciously ;)

We do need a variety of sharks. Okay, in print we have shark, dire shark, and legendary shark. What other shark things are in print and where are they?

As for the flying shark, that'll be a template that can be added to any shark (normal, dire, legendary).

Edit: And with this post we official become the longest thread in the Plots and Places forum. :D

Last edited:

The must keep moving thing is a shark deal. Many (but not all) sharks have gills that do not have any type of pumping mechanism such as more advanced fish, which draws the water over the gill enabling the fish to "breathe." Sharks that lack this pump must therefore constantly swim so that water passes over their gills, otherwise they would suffocate.

alsih2o

First Post
what josh said....

maybe a race of folks that are hated by their god, and if they stand still their god can find them and bring down his anger on them, so therefore they must move constantly to keep away from his vision...

(btw, i thought it was all sharks,...amazing what you can learn on the boards!)

alsih2o

First Post
and maybe add a hammerhead with an actual hammering head :p

it could act like a monks stun attack, as a mechanism for them to stop adven, er i mean, their prey ;)

Crothian

First Post
alsih2o said:

(btw, i thought it was all sharks,...amazing what you can learn on the boards!)

I knew that, I just didn't make the connection. There are also area of the ocean that has high quantities of oxygen in the water so that sharks in these areas don't have to swim. THey actual sleep there. I watch the Discover channel way to much.

I like the idea of a race that has to keep movine or thier god might find them. I think a sect of sea elves, or different version would work. It's a little easier to styay moving in the water and elves don't sleep. That's why I'm picking them. When the meteors where coming and the gods went to try to stop them, the gods requested additional power through sacrfice from their followers. One god (so far unnamed) was a demi god of torture and distrust. He sowed the seeds of decent and chaos into civilizations. His followers among the Sea Elves decided to forgo all sacrifices to him so that he would be killed and they would be rid of him. However, in the great event he did not die and was actually able to assume more power by taking that of some of the gods that did die. So, now he;'s more powerful and pissed. He cursed his followers (forming the new race) but the curse was incomplete becasue they stayed in motion. However, should they stop for any reason they risk being found. This race has Endurance as a bonus feat.

alsih2o

First Post
oh! and you know those nasty thermal vents with the tube worms, you should have something that heals in that area :)

smack em down, when they fall into the nasty vents, they get re-energized and come right back at ya'!

Crothian

First Post
alsih2o said:
oh! and you know those nasty thermal vents with the tube worms, you should have something that heals in that area :)

smack em down, when they fall into the nasty vents, they get re-energized and come right back at ya'!

You mean a creature that is healed by the natural scortching heat of the area? The more intense the heat, the more it heals. Could do something like a cross between those tube worms and a Moray eel.

Remove ads