Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Just Outside]"Sometimes...I think that people tend to view even Warforged as less strange than I...as if they could more easily empathise with an immortal unliving being of steel than one who hears the spirits' whispers..."[/SBLOCK]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Just Outside]The warforged follows the shifter pair and the dwarf a little slowly, parly from its heavy plating, partly due to its ennui. Hearing Stulgar's comment, it says simply, "Construct creations based upon Giant designs from a lost continent of madness and magic seem pretty mundane here in Sharn. We're nothing special anymore. And one day, after we have all worn out, they'll be no more. But they'll still be shifter seers. Probably."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Just Outside]"Maybe..." Siobhan ponders, "I hear that my curse...my power is a recent thing. Perhaps Balinor and the spirits have granted me this sight..granted all of those afflicted...for a purpose. Maybe some day, our dreams will change from tormented visions too strong for our mortal minds to bear that assault us even in waking to the peaceful happy dreams of normal folk...I guess Warforged don't have any dreams at all?"[/SBLOCK]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Just Outside]"Dreams? Mallan spoke of dreams."---Weapon absently strokes the battered jacket as he says that---"They are the mental figments that haunt you when you sleep. Either that, or the mental sophistry that hope that one day your lot will improve. No, warforged to not dream, at least in the first sense. We do not sleep, which is required to my knowledge. As for the second... I am now. I will probably not be later. Best not to dwell on that."[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
In the doorway of the tavern, a heavilly built warforged looks around the room methodically noting the details of the place. After a few moments he steps inside.

"I am Anvuss." He states. "I have recently been exploring Sharn, looking for knowledge. Several helpfull persons on a lower level indicated I was in the incorrect location, though they were unspecific as to why. However, one did suggest that 'the Tower's Shard' is a place that is friendly to 'my kind.' Query: Is this location indeed 'the Tower's Shard' and is this a place of scholarship?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You may have noticed five people standing outside in the rain, but the common room is empty now, save the enigmatic Warforged barkeep)

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: You may have noticed five people standing outside in the rain, but the common room is empty now, save the enigmatic Warforged barkeep)

Anvuss, intent on his goal, paid little attention to those outside the bar.

Brew looks Anvuss over before replying to his fellow Warforged.

"Some people don't like the 'forged, Anvuss. You or me. Sending you here was there way of saying you aren't welcome. You can come here when you need a place to be away from people like that, but this is a bar, not a place of learning. You might want to see if those travelers just outside the bar can contribute to this quest for knowledge of yours."

Anvuss contemplates this new information silently for a moment.

"Interesting. Then perhaps the directions given were not intended as a kindness? How unfortunate. Thank you for your advice, sir."

Anvuss steps outside.

[sblock=Just Outside]"Greetings. I understand you are persons of knowledge. Would it be possible for this humble one to learn from you?"[/sblock]

Patlin

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
[sblock=OOC]I'm willing to accept anyone who has read/played in the adventure provided they can assure me that they will try their best to keep player info seperate from character info. I know what dangers are ahead, if you show signs that you are acting on something you know too I'll call you on it.

Numbers wise 4-6 is what I'd like to stick to. If someone has not been approved yet but wants to join they can, but I can't award them XP until they are approved. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]I think I've done this one before, so for ooc reasons (and to a lesser extent due to Anvuss not being aproved yet, though I'm sure that won't take long) I'll find some reason not to go. I'm having Anvuss talk to the people outside the inn mostly for the sake of rp.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Just Outside]"I know little, but the spirits know much, and sometimes they see fit to use me as their vessel. Is there any knowledge in particular you seek?" a female shifter with unnervingly piercing green eyes speaks up in response.[/SBLOCK]

Patlin

Explorer
[SBLOCK=Just Outside]"I was created with a purpose -- the lords of the creation forges constructed me so that I might assist them in their labors. I was being trained for this purpose when the forges themselves were closed down, and now their ultimate secrets are denied me. I wish to better understand the nature of magic, that I might fulfill, at least in a small way, the purpose of my creation. Perhaps you are a practitioner of some form of magical art? [/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads