Short and Sweet [Orsal judging]

gogo_jerrick

First Post
Setis

Setis, clad in armor and holding a shield on his right arm, looks about the neighborhood cautiously. He stays quiet, walking closely enough behind Kith to be out of harms way, but far enough behind to stay un-noticed. He un-sheathes his fathers dagger from his belt, and holds it behind his shield as if to conceal it. Setis walks a bit faster to catch up with Kith. "Can I wide on yur back mista? I'm afwaid of the stweets and don't know if this will pwotect me," showing Kith his concealed dagger.

HugeOgre

First Post
Kith stares intently at the small Katara (Sense Motive)

I'm afraid not. The extra weight would certainly affect my ability to react and move quickly, to say nothing of how I would LOOK carrying you about.

ajanders

Explorer
nimisgod said:
Wilhelm looks at the area with some interest. He carries himself well as he walks, though he prefers to let others lead. His interest is piqued by the crimson hued flowers but he doesn't approach without the party.

The crimson flowers are vaguely trumpet-shaped. They sit on the edge of a clump of similarly shaped flowers, but yellow instead of red.

ajanders

Explorer
HugeOgre said:
Turning his head back away from the man approaching down the street Kith turned to face the young boy.

A fine house indeed Kith repeated, not sure what constituted a fine house among humans. I say Theo, how long have you and your grandmother lived in this building?

"A long time, Mistew Kith." Theo begins to count on his fingers, runs out of fingers, thinks for a bit, tries to count some more.
"Always."

ajanders

Explorer
Greetings and Grandmothers

Theo leads everyone through a gate that squeals open and closed from rust. After the last person is through, he makes sure the gate is latched, then leads everyone up the walk to a deep porch.
As you approach, you see the house was once a friendly, if gaudy, red. It has now faded to a mellow welcoming weathered pinky-gray.
The bluestone steps up to the porch are solid underfoot, and while the porch creaks, it is solid.
There are a pair of disused lantern hooks hanging over the door.

Theo opens the door and beckons everyone into a hall floored in old wood. There are stairs on the left, a door directly ahead, and a double door on the right: all closed. A narrow window of red and green and blue colored glass is the only illumination in the hall except for the light through the door.
An old wooden dresser sits by the door, painted a fading baby blue. Some of the drawers are missing knobs.

Theo goes to one of the double doors and opens it, releasing a flood of baking odors and woodsmoke. Clearly more cinnamon-honey nut batons are imminent, and in no small number.
An old woman's voice echoes into the hall.
"Theo, is that you?"

HugeOgre

First Post
It is customary among my people to wait at the entrance of a home until the Lord or Lady calls upon us. Is that the custom among the humans of this city? Kith asks quietly of his associates.

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human servant of the greenman

Jaan follows Theo through the gate. The small oddities in the garden stir his curiousity. Not for the first time he regrets his lack of knowledge of the natural world.

An odd failing for those supposed to serve the greenman.

After a moment of deliberation, Jaan decides to see what his spirit eye reveals*.

ooc: Detect evil, the garden and the house, especially the attic area.

______​

Jaan consider Kith's question for a moment.

"I don't know. Theo obviously expects us to follow. But perhaps we should be discrete with our weapons."

Jaan shifts his mace around his belt a little to better enclose it within the folds of his cloak.

ajanders

Explorer
doghead said:
Jaan follows Theo through the gate. The small oddities in the garden stir his curiousity. Not for the first time he regrets his lack of knowledge of the natural world.

An odd failing for those supposed to serve the greenman.

After a moment of deliberation, Jaan decides to see what his spirit eye reveals*.

ooc: Detect evil, the garden and the house, especially the attic area.

Neither garden nor house, including the attic, shows any sign of evil.

HugeOgre

First Post
OOC: What is the expected pace of this adventure? How many posts per day or week from any given character? I've been in some on other boards that went quite fast, and others that expected a post only once a week. Just trying to get a feel for it. Also, in combat I'll give creative license to the DM to adjust my actions as the situation changes (if it would be obvious for Kith to do so).

ajanders

Explorer
I'd really like to see a post no less than every two to three days. This is meant to be a very short adventure: I'd prefer not to have it dragged out.
That said, this is a busy time of year for many people, so if that's not possible, I can live with it.

Remove ads