Short and Sweet [Orsal judging]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm nods at Jaan's words of wisdom, but then he realizes that he could not do such a thing at all. He was carrying a large amount of weaponry as it was. And he couldn't just leave any of them lying around for young Theo to pick up and hurt himself with.

He decides to bring himself further back, toward the rear of the party's formation. His eyes continue to wander around the house, marvelling at how different it is compared to his old homes.

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human servant of the greenman

Having made himself as presentable as possible, Jaan follows Theo into the house.

The smell of freshly baking cinnamon-honey nut batons makes his mouth water.

gogo_jerrick

First Post
Setis

(ooc: as for Kith's sense motive, it matters not on the roll, Setis seems a little unnerved about being out on the streets for the first time w/o his parents. He just wishes to be someplace that he feels safe, on the shoulders/back of a protective figure.)

"Ok, mister Kith......" Setis says sadly as he looks at his feet. He walks slowly behind him the rest of the way to the home. As Wilhelm moves to the back of the party, Setis moves close to him as if to hide in his presence. He quietly walks through the house, waiting for his moment to meet the nice lady that Theo told him so much about.

HugeOgre

First Post
After checking to make sure his kama and siangham are tucked within the folds of his robes Kith stood his ground in the foyer. Running his fingers along his long elven ears as he peared about the room a second time, he found himself listening intently for anything out of the ordinary. Shifting his weight, Kith took a couple of steps to his left, then return back to the group before taking a few more paces to his right.

ajanders

Explorer
HugeOgre said:
After checking to make sure his kama and siangham are tucked within the folds of his robes Kith stood his ground in the foyer. Running his fingers along his long elven ears as he peared about the room a second time, he found himself listening intently for anything out of the ordinary. Shifting his weight, Kith took a couple of steps to his left, then return back to the group before taking a few more paces to his right.

Kith listens, peers, and becomes one with the house.
[sblock]
There is a secret door under the staircase.
Not a high-quality secret door, either.
The door ahead is locked and blocked: something big and not moving is behind it.
There is too much woodsmoke in the house: not as in "house on fire" but as in "chimney badly needs cleaning".
There is a maker's mark in the colored glass window.
This was a very expensive house at one point, but it needs deep maintainance to return it to what it was.
The old woman coming walks with two canes, and only with great difficulty.
The fishmonger is outside, peddling fish. "Fish! Frrresh fish!! If it was any fresher nobles would challenge it to a duel! Frrrrresh fish!!"
Some of the original carving has been removed from the stair rail and replaced...a long time ago.
There are no birds singing outside.
There are scratch marks on some of the woodwork, as if a large cat had clawed them to amuse itself.
The hall is neat, but old and very worn.
[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
nimisgod said:
Wilhelm nods at Jaan's words of wisdom, but then he realizes that he could not do such a thing at all. He was carrying a large amount of weaponry as it was. And he couldn't just leave any of them lying around for young Theo to pick up and hurt himself with.

He decides to bring himself further back, toward the rear of the party's formation. His eyes continue to wander around the house, marvelling at how different it is compared to his old homes.

[sblock]
The house is of good quality, but worn to the point of shabbiness.
There is a maker's mark on the stained-glass window.
[/sblock]

ajanders

Explorer
Come into my parlor..

"Hi Gwamma!"

Theo charges across the room on the other side of the double doors, makes a hard turn left just past a fireplace, and dashes through a doorway.
His voice rings back happily as he calls out his good news.

"Gwamma! I quested fow some hewoes an I found 'em! I found a paladin an' a pwiest an a elf an a magic talking kitty-cat an' I said if they killed the monstew in the attic I'd give em all my cookies an' I could do that cos you said they wewe all mine fow my biwthday..."

Theo stops to suck in a giant breath of air and goes on.

*Click-Tap-shuffle*

"My land! You have been busy, Theo. You and your little friends have been playing so long, you need a drink. If you'll get the milk out of the well, we'll all have a real adventure meal in the parlor."

*Click-Tap-shuffle*

Little feet scramble over wood and floorcloth. Evidently it's going to be cookies and milk before adventuring.

*Click-Tap-shuffle*

Kish is lost in thought, scrutinizing the hall.
Wilhelm and Setis are jockeying to be last throught the door.
Jaan steps through the double doors to find himself in a parlor. White walls, a marble fireplace...worn marble, a low fire, barely more than coals. Elaborate moldings at the ceiling and around the windows. Several fancy oil sconces on the walls.

The furniture does not match the room: it is plain and simple: a settle by the double doors Jaan came through, some candlestands with candles upon them, a tall armoire at the far wall, a tall three-legged stool, a secretary.

"Who's there?"

More pattering feet announce Theo's return.

"Those awe my fwiends, Gwamma! I'll get youw stool!"

*Click-Tap Shuffle* "Theo, where did you find your friends?"

Theo dashes back into the room carrying an earthenware jug in both hands. He sets it by the fire, runs over to the armoire, opens it, pulls out two tin plates and cups -- adventurer's gear, by the look of them.
*Click-Tap-shuffle*

"At the Dwagon, Gwamma."
"At the WHAT!?"

*Click-Tap-shuffle, Click-tap-shuffle*

An elderly woman in a brown dress and apron leans on two canes to balance herself as she comes into the parlor. Snapping black eyes widen as she sees Jaan.
"Oh dear."

She fixes Theo with a steely glare.

"Theodoric Malcolm Godwin, come here right now!! Who are these people?"

doghead

thotd
Jaan Saresaar, male human servant of the greenman

Jaan listens to Grandmama responses with a growing sense of dread. It is only a matter of time before the penny drops ... ahhh, there it goes.

The tighness across his chest reminds Jaan that he has forgotten to breath. He takes a deep breath and waits prepares for what comes next.

ooc: ajanders, that post was beautiful. Even if grnadma sends us packing with no more cookies and a broomstick around the ears, it would have been worth it.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm enters behind Jaan and Kith, though not too close to them. He stands at attention as the Lady of the House surveys her visitors. He lets the "young man" explain himself as he takes note of the Maker's Mark and scans his memories for its significance, if any.

OOG: [sblock]is it familiar to him in any way? I don't have Know: Architecture but I have
Knowledge: History +2
Knowledge: Nobility +1
Knowledge: Religion +6
Knowledge: The Planes +2[/sblock]

HugeOgre

First Post
Kith, distracted by his scrutiny of the room, felt the glare of the old woman on his employer in the tightness of the room. Shiftly slowly, Kith turned his palms out and stood to face the woman, making his best effort to show he had no malice in his heart. Surely, one of the humans would speak if called upon.

Remove ads