Siege in the Stonespike Mountains (Boddynock Judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: Just had an Order of the Stick moment.
Planus: Ok, let's head out. *starts marching toward the castle and suddenly notices Iggy is headed in the other direction*
Planus: Where are you going? The castle is this way.
Iggy: True, but my locate object spell told me over here is the nearest dear corpse, which clearly indicates there is a den of trolls this way. I figure we can defeat them today, giving me enough experience to achieve 9th level and then we can teleport much closer to the fortress and save ourselves a heck of a lot of walking.

Also, Planus is picking up another 10 days rations in addition to what I noted earlier.

IC: "Alright! Off on another adventure. And no Astral plane this time," he says in an admonishing tone to no one in particular.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

SlagMortar said:
"Alright! Off on another adventure. And no Astral plane this time," he says in an admonishing tone to no one in particular.
"We didn't have much of a choice, but I hear you, Planus. Let's get moving. Those soldiers will need our help." He checks his haversack once more before they mount up. As they ride, Charlarn looks at the sky and tries to predict the weather. Survival (1d20+13=20) He can get up to two days from now, before the signs grow fuzzy.

Patlin

Explorer
A few hours into your march on the 6th day, you follow the road over a hill and spot a group of 9' tall, heavilly armored lizardmen with black scales. They are armed with greatclubs and Javelins, and there are six of them. On spotting you, they immediately head in your direction with weapons readied.

(Unless you wish to try negotiation, roll initiative. They are 130' away at the moment.)

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The fifth day means we reach the fortress not today but tomorrow, right? How are they arranged? Sadly, Zaeryl has little that will work at range, but he'll see what he can do. Regardless, he is in no mood to negotiate, and with a 14, he barely pulls off whatever he's doing before the barbarians)

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: The fifth day means we reach the fortress not today but tomorrow, right? How are they arranged? Sadly, Zaeryl has little that will work at range, but he'll see what he can do. Regardless, he is in no mood to negotiate, and with a 14, he barely pulls off whatever he's doing before the barbarians)

Oops, my mistake. I should have said 6th, as it's a 5.5 day trip and I meant it to be the last day. I'll edit.

Manzanita

First Post
"Oh, dear. They do look hostile, don't they." Iggy has been attacked many times in his travels. Unprovoked combat, sadly, is quite common these days. He pities those who face it without the arcane power and stalwart companions he has.

Still, this seems as good a time as any to try some of his new spells...

OOC: init: 12. I guess I'll wait to see what they do before I act.

Remove ads