• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Siege in the Stonespike Mountains (Boddynock Judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Good point--if they will carry us in a Light Load or under, we should probably get horses. Otherwise, unless anyone has Medium or heavier armour, we're probably better off going on foot and doing a forced march)

Boddynock

First Post
Hi, folks.

I've been keeping an eye on the thread title to see if one of the other judges volunteered, since I'm pretty busy at the moment, but seeing as no-one else has, I'll sit in on this one. I know that there's a plethora of judges in the game itself but I think it's important to stick by the rules we set for other DMs - and to be seen to do so. :)

It'll take me a day or so to catch up.

'Nock

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Do we know how far it is to the fortress?

You could consult a map, but you've got the general impression it is a few hundred miles away. Your impression could be significantly in error, though.

Manzanita

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Zaeryl has +8 Knowledge Geography and is trained in the skill. Does that help?)

OOC: Iggy has +7 to his K-geography. Not only do we have the two most powerful clerics in this group, but we may have the two most knowledgable PCs. Either way, it looks like we'll have to buy a horse. Hopefully Iggy has enough cash for that. I still haven't updated his CS for shopping anyway. Need to get on that...

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: OK, I've had a look at our much maligned map and I'm estimating that it's about 120 miles as the bird flies from Medibaria to Brimbor, and about 150 miles to the mountain fort from where you are now. Now that the DM knows, our geology wizzes know too! :)

Horses would be a reasonable way to go, although magical alternatives are also available.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Zaeryl has no plans to buy a horse after his bad experiences with the last one--if other people do so, he is reasonably confident that he can keep up with the speed of horses by doing a bit of a forced march)

Remove ads