Siege in the Stonespike Mountains (Boddynock Judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: Planus has his purchases figured out:
Purchased a Handy Haversack (-2000 gp), Periapt of Wisdom +2 (-4000 gp), and 40 cold iron arrows (4 gp), 20 alchemical silver arrows (41 gp), 20 arrows (1 gp), gloves of dexterity +2 (-4000 gp), scrolls of endure elements x4 (-100 gp), 10 days ration (5 gp), and sold backpack (+1 gp)

IC: "You know, I had a horse before. It's quite the bother getting off to shoot my bow. Mongrel helps me with the traveling, though, so I'll be able to keep up," Planus says with a smile. Planus will cast longstrider (+10 speed for 7 hours) before the traveling begins. He ought to be able to hustle to keep over speed 40 for the rest of the day.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yup, he can easily do that, since the horses won't be able to forced march, and thus they'll only be able to walk 8 hours anyway, and the first hour of hustling is free. Zaeryl plans to do essentially the same thing without Longstrider via two hours of Forced March)

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: OK. Sorry I've been so lame on this thread. I looked at using alter self to transform into a gargoyle to fly, but it's more complex than its worth. So Iggy will buy a pony, riding saddle, & saddlebags. It doesn't cost that much. I won't add it to his CS, since he already has a pony & will plan on just donating this one to the fort. I'll get his CS updated, though for the cost & his rod.

Patlin

Explorer
OK, Planus's speed with longstrider will be 40'. Iggy's Pony will be 40' as long as it is unencumered. Charlarn's horse is 60' unencumbered, but is likely to be under enough load to reduce its speed to about 40'.

Zaeryl's speed is 30'. While he can make up distance by doing a forced march for part of the day, that won't help much unless he wants to tell the others "Go ahead, I'll catch up later." That would be potentially dangerous in the event of an encounter, but you could do it that way if you want.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: This is essentially correct. The horses barely give any improvement, though, so we could always just slow down to 30' if we want to stay together. I'm worried that the pony will be going 30' anyway due to encumbrance issues.)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

OOC: Yep, Charlarn's horse would have a medium load.

Charlarn and Iggy go to the stables to buy their mounts. Charlarn looks over the horses and picks one out. He holds out a carrot and feeds it to the animal. He attempts a Wild empathy (1d20+1=9) check, but the horse isn't impressed by the snack.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Yuck. I hadn't counted all that weight. A halfling pony saddle still weighs 25 lbs I guess. & that horse feed weighs a ton. Iggy's can't do better than medium load on his pony. So Iggy's pony has a speed of 30'. Sorry, guys. I guess he needs to learn that floating disk spell...

Patlin

Explorer
All right, then unless I hear differently the party will be heading out at a 30' speed. You calculate it will take about 5 and 1/2 days to get to the fortress. Anything else before starting out?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I think we have the basics covered. If we're missing anything totally obvious that someone with Int 25 wouldn't overlook, let me know, but otherwise I think we're set to go for the long haul)

Remove ads