• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Siege in the Stonespike Mountains (Boddynock Judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zaeryl laughs softly.*

"That's a very...interesting way of putting it. A reasonably accurate parallel, but one would likely consider it an arrogant one if it didn't come from the mouth of another."

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus rolls his eyes at Zaeryl, having come to the conclusion that if he is not insane then he is at least very confusing. "Can you make one that can fly? That might help if we do come across the dragon. Or at least one that can jump really high?" Planus winces as he moves his shoulder to put up his bow. "I'll be ok, Mongrel will see to that." he says to Charlarn. Planus calls down one the blessings of Mongrel. He scowls, though, less of the pain is relieved than expected.

OOC:
cure light wounds x2 (1d8+5=6, 1d8+5=6)
Ok, what's up with Invisible Castle's d8? I rolled 2d8 in another adventure and now 2d8 here and rolle a 1 on all 4 rolls!

0 (DC 14) 6/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance(x2)
1 (DC 15) 5/day: Bless, Divine Favor (x2), Obscuring Mist, Shield of Faith
2 (DC 16) 4/day: Resist Energy x3, Silence
3 (DC 17) 3/day: Blindness, Prayer, Dispel Magic
4 (DC 18) 2/day: Divine Power, Freedom of Movement
Domain:
1 (DC 15): Longstrider (in wilderness), Disguise Self (in cities)
2 (DC 16): Locate object, Invisibility (prepared)
3 (DC 17): Fly (prepared), Nondetection
4 (DC 18): Dimension Door, Confusion (prepared)

Damage remaining: 13

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Indeed. When we encountered a flying demoness in Duvik, the puppet that could match her altitude was more-or-less critical to our survival. Of course, as you would probably guess, in order for it to be aerodynamic enough to fly, it requires diverting material from important points and leaving them hollow and somewhat weaker, much as a bird's bones, so by default, the land-bound are stronger."

Manzanita

First Post
"Those were powerful creatures out wandering about & attacking people. Not just coincidence I"d think. Let's make haste." says Iggy.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

Rystil Arden said:
"Indeed. When we encountered a flying demoness in Duvik, the puppet that could match her altitude was more-or-less critical to our survival. Of course, as you would probably guess, in order for it to be aerodynamic enough to fly, it requires diverting material from important points and leaving them hollow and somewhat weaker, much as a bird's bones, so by default, the land-bound are stronger."
Charlarn says, "Makes sense. But look at what a falcon can do. Ferocity counts."

hp 43/50

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well, after glancing at the corpses' possessions to assure that they don't have any useful loot, we must proceed to the fortress with 'all deliberate speed' )

Steve Jung

Explorer

Charlarn asks Zaeryl, "Do you always summon your construct in battle? You had said something about delaying my blessing until it arrived. I wanted to know if I should pause every time. Let's see if the lizardmen have any information on them. Maybe they were a random patrol. Maybe not."

OOC: Did our horses flee and if so, can we catch them?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Not always. Sometimes other options are best. And if the need is great, we can conjure a small army of them. It is not important to delay for the blessing in general, merely it would have been convenient in this one instance, since there was nothing to be lost in doing so."

Steve Jung

Explorer

Charlarn nods, "A small army? I'll remember that next time. We better keep a closer eye out for more lizardmen."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads