• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Siege in the Stonespike Mountains (Boddynock Judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus manages to keep quiet for most of the journey, his concern about being detected overwhelming his normal talkativeness. The effects of the journey do not touch him at all, and his elven eyes immediately notice some dark shapes in the sky. In an urgent whisper, he says, "There's something overhead! It might be a dragon patrol. Get under cover."

He immediately looks for some nearby brush that will screen his shaped from above.

OOC:
spot check vs DC 18; fortitude save DC 14 (1d20+6=25, 1d20+7=25)
Hide +14

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

The ride through the wild tires Charlarn, but not to the point of exhaustion (Fort save (1d20+8=14)). Charlarn glances at the sky to gauge the weather (Spot (1d20+2=22)). He hisses, "Something's coming from above. Get under cover." Taking his own advice, he dismounts and coaxes his horse to a nearby bush. Hide check for him and his horse (1d20+1=4, 1d20-3=15) He manages to get his horse in the bush.

AC 19 (shield not readied)
HP 49/50

Patlin

Explorer
It seems that the flying creatures have at the very least noticed some movement, as they drop in altitude in order to get a better look. There are eight of them, and they are ugly half-bird/half human females.

Roll Initiative, and indicate whether you wish to act or remain in hiding.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zaeryl waits to see what his comrades will do.*

(OOC: This is not actually his action--rather, it is an explanation for his Initiative roll of 5. When that turn actually comes, he may do something. How far are the harpies unidentifiable bird ladies? Also, would it be safe to assume that we identify them with knowledge checks?)

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I don't expect you to pretend ignorance of the harpies bird ladies. I'd prefer no one look them up, and if there is something you don't remember that you'd like to ask about you can make a knowledge check. For example, I'd allow a knowledge check if you wanted to ask "Are harpies resistant to fire?" or something like that.

Patlin

Explorer
You'd estimate that the harpies will dive about 160' within the next few seconds, causing them to be 250' up before there initiative count but only 90' up after... unless their plans change.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Significantly out of range of any psionics then. Are they carrying weapons with them? Bone clubs? Bows? Assuming that the rest of the group looks like its going to fight, Z will stay down and out of sight while conjuring a flying construct, which will be able to at least chase them to a range that he himself cannot. His AC at the moment is 18, as he doesn't have up Force Screen yet. No displays (+14 Concentration auto-succeeds to remove them), so even if they do spot him, he doesn't appear to be casting. If they all start singing and he gets any abysmal rolls, he's willing to spend the 1 PP to get +4 to saves--it seems likely that he'll need it what with 8 Will saves. I can't remember the exact DC, but if it ballparks at 15, he has +9 to Will and would thus need to roll 8 6s or above to make all the saves without using his Elan power, which is only 10% likely. I imagine the others would have similar issues.)

Last edited:

Remove ads