• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Siege in the Stonespike Mountains (Boddynock Judging)

Patlin

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
No displays (+14 Concentration auto-succeeds to remove them), so even if they do spot him, he doesn't appear to be casting.

I'm not sure "no displays" results in "does not appear to be casting." The concentration required for casting is the same. Perhaps a sense motive check would be required to determine the psionic is manifesting? What's your Bluff?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Well, no part of his body is moving (can do it while pinned or while the body is unable to move at all, with 0 Strength or Dex), and there are no sounds or such being made. Someone will high ranks in Spellcraft or Psicraft may be able to look at his eyes or something and see that he's focused elsewhere (at least if he was close enough to Spot that without a big penalty)

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: This encounter takes place 'several hours' after the lizardman fight. I will assume Iggy's mage armor is still in place, since it lasts 8 hours.

OOC: Standard Spells Prepared
Level 0 (4+1 div): detect magic(D), light(x2), message, ghost sound
Level 1 (4+2 int+1 div): True Strike(D), mage armor, color spray, protection from evil, magic missile(x3)
Level 2 (3+1 int+1 div): Detect thoughts(D), invisibility, levitate, mirror image
Level 3 (3+1 int+1 div): Clairaudience/Clairvoyance(D), Haste, Dispel Magic, Stinking Cloud,
Level 4 (2+1 int+1 div): Arcane Eye(D), Greater Invisibility, Stoneskin

IC: Iggy will remain somewhat hidden & cast mirror image upon himself, creating 2 more iggies. He will keep his eyes on the flying women & try to identify them.

OOC: I guess we know they're harpies, but Iggy would like to know. I can't think of anything particular to ask about them. I vaguely know they have a charming song, but can we also assume he tries to think of any weaknesses they have while he's trying to identify them? They probably don't have any, but what the heck?

Knowledge (arcane)............................11 +5 +2 +18
Knowledge (the planes)........................7 +5 +12
Knowledge (history)...........................10 +5 +15
Knowledge (local)..............................4 +5 +9
Knowledge (geography).........................2 +5 +7
Knowledge (nature)............................1..+5......+6
Knowledge (Nobility & Royalty)...............1..+5......+6
Knowledge (dungeoneering).....................1..+5.......+6
Knowledge (architecture & Engineering)........1..+5......+6
Knowledge (religion)..........................1..+5......+6

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Hey, if we're going to fight--and we should totally fight and kill them all--can one of the Clerics cast Silence on our team? Otherwise, I think all of you are going to get charmed by their song and then submit to death, and we've got no Bard to counter the song' Zaeryl's psicrystal suggests telepathically to the allies.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

Initiative (1d20+2=16)
Charlarn grasps his silver falcon, touches it to himself, and says the words to a prayer. A slight breeze emanates from him. (casts magic circle against evil: +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves to all within 10 ft. of Charlarn). Then he grabs the handle on his shield and draws Goruksblain.

AC 23
HP 49/50
magic circle against evil in effect: +2 deflection bonus to AC and a +2 resistance bonus on saves to all within 10 ft. of Charlarn

Cleric Spells Prepared (5/4+1/4+1/3+1: save DC 14 + level):
0-create water (2), detect magic, guidance, mending;
1-bless, divine favor, entropic shield, remove fear, sanctuary*;
2-hold person, make whole, status, shield other*, summon monster II.
3-dispel magic, fly*, magic circle against evil, magic vestment.
*Domain spell.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus reacts quickly to the threat. He murmurs a prayer to Mongrel to aid in the upcoming battle. "I can make silence. Should I go ahead?" Planus is momentarily curious about what the songs of the creatures might sound like, but he decides now is not the time for such an investigation.

OOC:
Planus will stay hidden until he shoots his bow.
First round, Planus casts divine favor giving +2 to attacks and damage.
New attack stats: Attack bonus: +13, Damage: 1d8+5. +1/+1 within 30 ft
Second round he will cast silence on the ground near him unless Iggy or Charlarn objects.
initiative (1d20+3=19)

0 (DC 14) 6/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance(x2)
1 (DC 15) 5/day: Bless, Divine Favor (x2), Obscuring Mist, Shield of Faith
2 (DC 16) 4/day: Resist Energy x3, Silence
3 (DC 17) 3/day: Blindness, Prayer, Dispel Magic
4 (DC 18) 2/day: Divine Power, Freedom of Movement
Domain:
1 (DC 15): Longstrider (in wilderness), Disguise Self (in cities)
2 (DC 16): Locate object, Invisibility (prepared)
3 (DC 17): Fly (prepared), Nondetection
4 (DC 18): Dimension Door, Confusion (prepared)

31/44 HP

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Wait for the other two spellcasters to get off their spells if you react before them and they desire to cast. Target some inconsequential object that you are holding so that we can move the silence around tactically if we have to move to fight them.'

Patlin

Explorer
Initiative
Planus 19
Charlarn 16
Iggy 09
Zaeryl 05
Harpies (1d20-2=3)

Round 1
Planus hunkers down in hopes of remaining unseen, calling upon the Mongrel for favor in the upcoming battle.

Charlarn also prays, and begins to emit a protective aura. He grasps his weapon in shield in prperation for combat.

Iggy casts mirror image and examines the assailants carefully. Knowledge(nature) (1d20+6=12) Iggy doesn't think of any additional information.

***Zaeryl goes here.***

Edit: Corrected Iggy's initiative order.

Last edited:

Remove ads