• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Signing In

Rolzup

First Post
What happened to the Sign In/My Account link on the front page? It seems to have vanished entirely.... Or is this another problem with running IE?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
If I might ask - which "front page"? Are you talking about the front page for the forums, or the site's main page?

Also, I note that you are signed in - the site has a "remember me" feature. If you had it checked the last time you signed in, it will no longer ask you to enter your user name and password.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
If Rolzup is experiencing the same change that I am, we are talking about the front page where you can see the news items for the day. There used to be a box in the upper left corner that allowed one to log in. It has vanished.

For the record, it is no big deal to me. If I want to log in, I can still access the box in the upper right corner on any page within the forums. Or, as I did in this case, just hit the reply button and wait for the site to prompt me to log in. Both of those options are completely functional for me - in spite of the front page box in the upper left hand corner disappearing.

No big deal from my perspective, but I don't speak for others, of course.

Rolzup

First Post
That's the one, and no -- it's no big deal. I was more concerned about whether it was some oddity with my system, and apparently it ain't. Which is a nice change, let me tell you.

cjs

First Post
I liked being able to see when I last visited EN World, since I only come here every few days or so. Now I have to view my profile to get that information (there might be other ways, but that's what I found with a quick search). Please make it visible on the (site, not forum) front page in some way!

The_Warlock

Explorer
Yes, same here.

If you type in http://www.enworld.org/, you load the front news page, and you now longer get the login prompt in the upper left hand corner.

Likewise I can go to the forums page to log in, it was just convenient, especially for me since I operate by clearing cookies every session, so the Remember Me checkbox doesn't help.

No biggie if it's a necessary change.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hmmm. It's supposed to be in the same place every page (top right) to make it easy to find, but it seems to be missing from the news page. I'll check into it.

Remove ads