• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silverymoon Campaign - IC

WonkaMania

First Post
Fizzlewikk Schlickenbahb - Halfling Rogue

Fizzlewikk follows everyone into the side chamber and his eyes widen at the magnificent display of food! This is a grand feast! It looks better then anything mom ever made, and I'm sure I won't be made to get my food last! No, no, those days are gone! Yes, certainly gone, none of my brothers or sisters have ever been chosen by a DRAGON before! The blissful smile that seems to be the norm for Fizzlewikk appears on his face once more.

Fizzi listens to the Lady Alustriel speak and notes that he'll be staying in the palace tonight, and then sits down to eat when she leaves. "Did ya hear that mates?! We're living the high life tonight, sleeping in the palace itself!" Fizziwikk raises his right fist (which is the arm with the bracer on it) up in a celebratory cheer. He returns his arm to his side and looks over the food. "Oooooooh! Are those dumplings!?" Fizziwikk, not accustomed to such a grand meal decides to take a sample of everything that he thinks his belly will hold, especially taking his share of some schnapps if they are available.

After Taern Hornblade arrives with Jorus Azuremantle, Fizzlewikk watches as Taern and Jorus examine Willow's bracer. Fizzlewikk seems to cover up his with his other hand, as if trying to hide the fact that he wears one, or perhaps trying to cover the "Eye" from seeing what is happening. After regaining his sight and his feet from the blast he hears Taern speak:
Breezly said:
“It seems your bracers are not coming off. Whatever faces us in the morning, it is your burden to bear. I should say that they are made from some dragon scale material and they will afford you some protection. For now, I must bid you a good evening."

Fizzlewikk thinks to himself: Why would they try to remove the bracer? I'm sure they too heard Garlyntraxil say that he will know and see all with the Eyes. Do they really wish to anger him? He has chosen us to decide the fate of Silverymoon, and I don't think there is any changing that. As Taern and Jorus leave the room Fizzlewikk leans under the table as if to fix his boots and speaks very softly so that no one else can hear (that's his intention at least) directly into the Eye of Garlyntraxil on his forearm "Don't worry, I wouldn't have let them take mine off even if they could. You have chosen me for a reason and I respect that. And, thank you for the protection these bracers provide." and with that he finishes fixing the fit of his boots and returns upright.

As the Lady Alustrial enters and speaks
Breezly said:
“The evening is getting late and from what the High Mage has spoken, there is nothing we can do to remove the bracers from your arms, save removing your arm altogether. We still do not know what the dragon seeks, but know that you have the backing of Silverymoon and the Silver Marches, for this affects us all. It is a difficult burden to bear, especially so young in your lives. But I will do what I can. I will grant you one request, if I can, within the limits of my power, to aid you in this quest. There are limits to my power as the Silver Marches is ever pressed from within as well as without. So, tell me friends, before you retire, let your requests be known to me.”

Fizzlewikk leans back in his chair and props his feet up on the table, one crossed over the other, his chair in a delicate balancing act leaning at an almost 45 degree angle, and thinks as to what he wants. He looks around at the others with the bracers on and sees them too contimplating what to ask for. Hmmm.. he thinks, One request..? I wonder what kind of request she means. Is she saying that she'll grant us each a wish, just like those genie's trapped in bottles do like my sister used to tell me about? Ohh the things I could ask for! Why, I could ask to be a dragon myself! Or, to be as strong as a Titan! Hmm.. or perhaps she meant that she will give us an item.. perhaps say one of those flying carpet things! He starts stroking his chin, because he's seen "very smart" people do this when they are trying to decide upon something, so he figures doing so has to help in some manner. Perhaps I should ask for something more practical, something that would help with what I already know and do. I was chosen for a reason and if I ask to be a dragon myself or as strong as a titan, perhaps I would no longer fit whatever reason I was chosen for.

Fizzlewikk thinks for a while longer and listens to what the others ask for and finally decides upon a multiple of things. Fizzlewikk leans the chair back to it's normal position and walks over to Lady Alustriel awaiting his turn to speak. When he determines it is so, he looks up to her and speaks rather humbly (a rare thing indeed!) "M'lady, I've thought about this a bit, but I'm still a bit unsure of to what it is that we may ask for. After letting meh mind wander a bit, I'm thinking that whatever it is that Garlyntraxil has in store for us, I'm sure that both travelling and fighting will be involved. He did say that he wants a little sport, some entertainment, and I believe that would be entertainment for him. I had thought of asking for such grand things as to perhaps be transformed into a dragon myself, or to be as strong as a titan, but I fear those would change me from whatever reason I was chosen for in the first place. I've decided to ask for something that will aid me in what it is that I already do. The little training that I've done with weapons focuses on throwing daggers M'lady, as I'm sure that you're already aware, my father is a master knife thrower. The problem with throwing daggers M'lady, is that after one throws them, you have to go and then retrieve them." Fizzi pauses for a moment then continues "If it is within your powers, I would ask for a dagger that would magically re-appear in my hands after I have thrown it at my target no matter how deep it has sunk into my target or how wide my shot went or how far I have moved since throwing it. I believe that would be the most beneficial thing to me in completing the tasks that Garlyntraxil shay lay before us." Fizzi pauses again before saying "Or perhaps a magical dagger sheath that instantly produces another dagger in it after I have drawn one out so I never have to retrieve them after I've thrown them. As I'm sure you're aware, it might not always be possible to retrieve something one throws at an enemy. Either of these M'lady, with the first one preferred, would help me in that fact, and also that I can not physically carry as many daggers as I would like to. I do hope that this is a reasonable request M'lady." Fizzle smiles softly and nods politely to her.

Thanee

First Post
Willow, female wood elf druid

As the High Mage asks Willow to present her bracer, she offers her arm to him, watching curiously, how the powerful mage fails to pierce the dragon's magic. These are obviously powers beyond those of mortal men and Willow is reassured of the path she has to follow now.

Willow looks at Alustriel, thinking for a moment, when she offers her help, trying to judge what might be useful. After a moment she speaks up. “Lady Alustriel, we do not know what awaits us, but I know, that only a healthy warrior can carry on a battle, and I somehow feel, that battle will come upon us sooner or later. I believe you could help us most, if you provide use with some sort of healing, like a wand, as they make them in the High Forest and which allows one with the proper training to heal the wounds of battle.”

In the evening, Willow will take a walk around Silverymoon. Who knows, this place might be changed forever during the next days and she likes to see it in all its beauty, watch the trees and stone buildings merge together to form the face of this city. Unlike most crude human cities, this place has been built preserving the natural surroundings and Willow appreciates this effort.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Silestrea Morand, half-elf sorceress

"Oh I see, the delivery of my letter is most kind of you. I guess the others are asking for help in whatever quest lies ahead of us. Um well in that case, the only thing that I can think of is something to help me move better in my armor. It sometimes gets in the way when I am casting my spells, which could prove troublesome. Or perhaps some sort of replacement for it, though I would like to keep it - my father brought it for me from Waterdeep." Silestrea replies to the high lady's answer.

Breezly

First Post
Thanee said:
Willow looks at Alustriel, thinking for a moment, when she offers her help, trying to judge what might be useful. After a moment she speaks up. “Lady Alustriel, we do not know what awaits us, but I know, that only a healthy warrior can carry on a battle, and I somehow feel, that battle will come upon us sooner or later. I believe you could help us most, if you provide use with some sort of healing, like a wand, as they make them in the High Forest and which allows one with the proper training to heal the wounds of battle.”

Alustriel turns to one of her attendants and speaks in a whisper, after 30 minutes the attendant returns with a small wand. Alustriel hands the wand to Willow, "This belonged to one of the priests of Mystra. It is attunded to the divine so one of your order should be able to use it. It allows you to channel your divine powers to heal."

The wand is made of a dark oak wood shaped as a branch of a tree. There is a small metal cap at the end of the wand. (Wand of Cure Light Wounds, 37 charges)

In the evening, Willow will take a walk around Silverymoon. Who knows, this place might be changed forever during the next days and she likes to see it in all its beauty, watch the trees and stone buildings merge together to form the face of this city.

As Willow tries to leave the audience hall the Knights in Silver High Guard stands in your way. Though not forcing you to stop, the guard speaks, "Your pardon my lady, I was instructed to make sure you remained within th.e palace tonight." The guard remains in your way

Breezly

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Oh I see, the delivery of my letter is most kind of you. I guess the others are asking for help in whatever quest lies ahead of us. Um well in that case, the only thing that I can think of is something to help me move better in my armor. It sometimes gets in the way when I am casting my spells, which could prove troublesome. Or perhaps some sort of replacement for it, though I would like to keep it - my father brought it for me from Waterdeep." Silestrea replies to the high lady's answer.

Alustriel thinks for a moment before speaking, "I understand your issues Silestrea. I can offer you a choice. I can provide you with a ring of the Spellguard as I gave to Enalia. It will provide you with the protectn you seek. I could also offer you a chain shirtmade of Mithral. It is lighter and sturdier than what you wear now, but it is not any easier to cast spells. I leave the choice to you."

Breezly

Breezly

First Post
WonkaMania said:
Fizzi pauses for a moment then continues "If it is within your powers, I would ask for a dagger that would magically re-appear in my hands after I have thrown it at my target no matter how deep it has sunk into my target or how wide my shot went or how far I have moved since throwing it. I believe that would be the most beneficial thing to me in completing the tasks that Garlyntraxil shay lay before us." Fizzi pauses again before saying "Or perhaps a magical dagger sheath that instantly produces another dagger in it after I have drawn one out so I never have to retrieve them after I've thrown them. As I'm sure you're aware, it might not always be possible to retrieve something one throws at an enemy. Either of these M'lady, with the first one preferred, would help me in that fact, and also that I can not physically carry as many daggers as I would like to. I do hope that this is a reasonable request M'lady." Fizzle smiles softly and nods politely to her.

Alustriel laughs, "I doubt very much I could make you into a dragon Master Halfling. Would that were possible I might change myself into a dragon. But, that is not the task set before me. As for your request, I do not have a dagger such as you request, though our mages could fashion one after a time. I doubt that we have such time. But, I do have something that will aid you. Many of our Harper Scouts have occasion to throw a dagger. As such, we have fashoned something to aid them. It is a dagger sheath that is made for a throwing dagger. It will fit 10 dagger and allow you to grab the nextone without delay. And, it only weighs 2 pounds. Will this satisfy your need?"

Breezly

Breezly

First Post
Zerth said:
Whatever You decide is Mystra's wisdom..." Aram says bowing to Alustriel.

Alustriel finally returns later in the evening. "I spoke to your order and they sent these over (She hands you some leather straps). These will allow you to focus your energies you have learned in your training. I hope they aid you in your task." (Ki Straps, as per the Sword and Fist, though only +3 to DC, not +5).

Breezly

Last edited:

Zerth

First Post
Alustriel finds Aram sitting on the floor, meditating. The monk jumps up quickly as he notices the presence of the High Lady.

Aram folds the straps carefully and places them inside his monk's robes. "I will wear them with honor, My Lady," Aram says bowing to Alustriel.

Thanee

First Post
Willow, female wood elf druid

Willow takes the wand and bows slightly. “Thank you, I am sure, this will aid us in our upcoming task.”

Later, when the guard blocks her way, she asks: “We are not allowed to leave? I hope there is a good reason for this, since I do not like the restraints of this house.”

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Silestrea Morand, half-elf sorceress

Breezly said:
Alustriel thinks for a moment before speaking, "I understand your issues Silestrea. I can offer you a choice. I can provide you with a ring of the Spellguard as I gave to Enalia. It will provide you with the protectn you seek. I could also offer you a chain shirtmade of Mithral. It is lighter and sturdier than what you wear now, but it is not any easier to cast spells. I leave the choice to you."

"You are too kind lady, the ring of the Spellguard would be a precious gift indeed. Someday I aspire to join their ranks and would treasure such a ring dearly." Silestrea says, as if her dreams are already starting to come true.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads