D&D 4E Simple Poll - How do you feel about 4E Right Now?

How do you rate 4E based on what we know at this time?

• Thumbs up?

Votes: 346 67.7%
  • Thumbs down?

Votes: 165 32.3%

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I like what I see so far. Unfortunately, the bits and pieces are in a vaccuum, so my concept of the rules as a whole is going to be skewed. It is very much a Blind Men and the Elephant sort of vibe. Some of the changes are like my house rules, so my current experiences with 3.X are influencing my reception of the leaks. Likewise, some of the fluff changes are like my current fiction project. At least, the fey plane and the plane of the dead, not so much the names. Ah vanity.
I could happily play 3.X until I am so senile I play LARP style in Steam Tunnels with an imaginary Tom Hanks. But, I like following the slowly developing picture of a new edition, just like I did 8 years ago on Eric Noah's site or 18 years ago in the pages of Dragon for 2E. I like the 'new and shiny' and the vicarious sense of the delopment of the game.

Jedi_Solo

First Post
I voted "thumbs up".

I like most of what I've read so far but I can't say certain until I read the actual rules.

I guess you can say I like the ideas but I need to see if I like the implamentation.

Mechanics-wise, I love what I've heard so far.

Business-wise, I'm a bit more skeptical. WotC's errata problems (see my thread in main) weigh heavily against them. I am a fan of the subscription model for internet products (I'm not holding the magazine thing against them), but I am leery of how it will work with the actual books (PHBx, DMGx, etc). Also, the launch of their internet service has been only OK so far. The material has been good, but it just doesn't seem polished. I fully expected WotC to be gunning full blast with it after all the bad press they got when they closed down the magazines.

an_idol_mind

Explorer
I'm convinced that 4th edition will be very successful for WotC, and I'm happy with that fact. However, the new edition doesn't seem to be the type of game I want to run, so I'll probably stick with the current version until a 3rd party decides to make the equivalent of a 3.75 edition.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Belorin said:
Thumbs up!
Now Forgotten Realms is a whole 'nother can o' worms.

That's an interesting thought.

Someone (else) should do a poll. ;)

I have mixed feelings on the Realms. I understand the thought behind a shake-up, but the deities continually resembling soap opera characters (at best) and/or NPCs doesn't do much for me.

Remove ads