• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sinister Spire(con't RBD)(Orsal Judging)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Once everyone is back on their feet and more or less functional once more, Lookspring picks up the torch they threw down. Holding it aloft, he begins exploring the chamber in search of a way out of here.

BigB

First Post
The floor is roughly circular. The air here is alive with energy and thick with the smell of developing lightning. Small holes puncture the walls near the floor, opening into a dozen small tunnels that run off into lightlessness. Dull dust covers the floor and thickly heaped at the edges, thickest near the holes.

The floor seems to be alive with magic much like a magic device of sorts, you are not sure what it does exactly but you can sense it has been used within the last week.

need intelligence checks for Rowan, Phoenix and Lookspring.

Phoenix finds nothing on the corpse other than the ragged clothing.

ooc: That is one way to descend to the floor :lol:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Rowan int check 9+2=11

IC: "Electricity. But how would that be used to raise or lower someone in this chamber? It would be nice to figure it out so we could get back up if we need to retreat. Notice how the dust is thickest near the holes. That probably means something is digging or sucking through the holes into the chamber. There's actually no exits here, though, are they? So it looks like our fall was a waste of time. Unless we can figure it out better from down here."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The static in the air causes Lookspring's fur to stand on end. He scratches it absently while he studies the floor for signs of recent travel through here. I hope these holes are natural and not burrowed by a giant snake beast. He edges as close to the tunnels as he dares as he searches.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Lookspring Int check (1d20 2=17)
If I have time, I'll take 20 on my searches at each tunnel I find that is large enough for a man-sized creature to squeeze through for tracks. Search = 27
I've got Know. Dungeoneering +4 so if I find any tracks I'll try to identify it.
[/SBLOCK]

BigB

First Post
Rowan looks around feeling the raw power of the area not quite grasping what it is for or how to use it suddenly it makes sense somehow he knows what this place is. As he looks to the others he can see the same recognition in their faces, somehow it is now clear to them all. If they spend at least 8 hours resting in contact with the floor they can use a 2nd level spell slot or 3 power points to instantly transfer themselves and willing allies to another unknown location.

The holes are 2.5' in diameter. Moving into the holes requires a small or medium creature to crawl and squeeze. The walls of the small tunnels are oily with a layer of black grit. An offensive odor hangs in the air within the tunnels.

Lookspring checks needed: Knowledge nature check

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Ah, I remember now!" Phoenix exclaims. "I heard about something like this from the monks...I think we just need to wait here for awhile and then we will be transported to...wherever this goes to. As if we weren't already stuck on a one way trip anyway. Probably good to use the time resting if we can. I know I'd like to recover my mental energy before going further anyway." A mischevious look crosses her face quickly, before dissapearing back behind her mask of practicality. "Lookspring, why don't you take first watch, I'll take second, and Rowan can take third. Any objections anyone?" she asks the others.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan takes a deep breath and thinks. "So if we stay here it will take us somewhere. But where? Perhaps that's how our mysterious friend got out of here. But he didn't spend 8 hours touching the ground."

"Phoenix is the only who will take us if we want to go, so I don't know that Lookspring & I need to stay here that whole time. I'm not tired yet. Maybe we should check out one of these passages. What do you say, Look?"

BigB

First Post
SelcSilverhand said:
Approaching one of the holes, Lookspring picks up some of the dirt and rubs it between his fingers. He wrinkles his nose at the offensive odor that hangs heavy in the air around the openings.

OOC
Lookspring Know.Nature (1d20 9=27)

[sblock=Lookspring] You recognize the dust as shell fragments and the odor of Cockroaches. The shell fragments suggest Giant Cockroaches about 1' or more wide! [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads