Sins of Our Fathers - 2/10 - Final Update

Capellan

Explorer
I know it can be hard to tell with these elves, but I am pretty sure Amelyssan is a guy. :D

Though since Vath died, anyway, the point seems fairly moot ... :)

Nasma

First Post
Destan,
had you actually planned for the cricket/ ankheg scenario from when Vath's player first learnt of the prophecy? If so... wow.
This story hour has now been going for just under eight months, yet in that time it has been the most entertaining of any that I have read. Thank you for writing it, and allowing us to read something better that many published books, for free. It is strange to think that the characters haven't even met Loroth yet, if this is just the beginning of the campaign, then I can only imagine what the rest of it would be like.

Lela

First Post
Capellan said:
I know it can be hard to tell with these elves, but I am pretty sure Amelyssan is a guy.
biggrin.gif

Though since Vath died, anyway, the point seems fairly moot ...
smile.gif
Yeah, both my bads. I keep screwing up on Amelyssan's gender. Really, it's because the only elves I've ever played with were female.

It might have been fun if the ring had worked though. Think, Vath with a small piece of Amelyssan's soul. That could have been odd.

Last edited:

thebitdnd

First Post
Nasma said:
It is strange to think that the characters haven't even met Loroth yet, if this is just the beginning of the campaign, then I can only imagine what the rest of it would be like.

Heh,

It's been almost three years since the events in this thread have taken place and we STILL haven't come face to face with Loroth yet. Well, I should say, we have met him, we just didn't know we met him. Destan is pretty sneaky in that way. Our current top priority as a group is to ferret out who exactly Loroth is. We're getting tired of him knowing our next move before we make it.

robberbaron

First Post
Noooooooooooooo! It can't be over!

Then again, bloody good story, Destan. I kneel before your art, unworthy.

Looking forward to your next project.

dpdx

Explorer
I have to say that that's the closest I've ever come to shedding tears over a Story Hour. Still, I've got to admire the honesty it takes for a DM to let the dice fall where they may, even if it results in the death of a PC.

DrZombie

First Post
Bugger this. You sure you aren't George Martin in disguise? I feel like the end of his last novel. All the main characters are dead or missing. Very good story, one to remember. Will you post a link in this thread when you start your next one?

The Axe

First Post
Or, better yet...

Lela said:
... It might have been fun if the ring had worked though. Think, Vath with a small piece of Amelyssan's soul. That could have been odd.

Or, better yet, Vath with Amelyssan as a 'spirit child' (like Baden's)...

handforged

First Post
Destan said:
Vath felt life swirl and explode within the very core of his being. The smell of horadrel, the smell of Amelyssan, was in his nostrils.

His eyes snapped open, his mouth cried a shout of rage, his muscles bunched once more.

The ring did work. Amelyssan gave Vath the rest of his life force (hit points) just before he died, allowing Vath to kill the Anhkeg.

~hf

Remove ads