Six From Gate Pass - A War of the Burning Sky Campaign (3.5)

Gregor

First Post
Sense Motive (Looking for Ragesian spies among the group)

You have a strong hunch that the human warrior named Alric is who he claims to be.

Given the limited dialogue of substance between the dwarf and the flask-sipping elf, coupled with the current silence of the others, you are unable to discern anything more from this social situation at this time.

funkmamagoat

First Post
Kirio looks at the unexpected company before him, his grin seemingly growing as he glances from one to the other and listens to their exchanges…

He throws back his feather collared teal blue cape, revealing an ornate obsidian flute and two daggers at his belt, and strides forward, heading towards the alley, “teal… the right choice I think…” he mutters to himself.

He looks at the others as he walks towards the side entrance “Well now, I’ve actually had more than my share to drink tonight…; I have cause to believe the side entrance will still be open and may provide us with… answers… questions, well, anyhow, a way forward yes?”

OOC: Perception check for hidden traps at door.

Gregor

First Post
Perception check for hidden traps at door

Kirio, you survey the pub's wooden alleyway door, but your elven eyes tell you nothing regarding any hidden traps. You do however, notice some faint light leaking out of small gaps in the door frame.

The Bashar

First Post
The Dwarf looks to Alaric and says:

"Sea-witch you say? They come in two varities, young and attractive or old and terrifying. Both equally dangerous!"

The Dwarf then watches the man in the teal cape approach the side alley door. He looks to the rest of the group and with a nod of his head motions towards the alley door. He then begins to walk toward the alley way. With his back towards the group he says:

"Well, it looks like we've all been swept here by the same Torrent. We should all head into the pub and see if there is a pint or two kicking around. We don't want to be hanging outside waiting for the guards to come around and start asking questions. They tend to assume all Dwarves and Elves can use magic. "

digimattic

First Post
Arnir nods his head at Kirio with a slight scowl as he strides towards the door

"If for no other reason than to get out of this dreadful cold."

fromage67

First Post
"Well, it looks like we've all been swept here by the same Torrent. We should all head into the pub and see if there is a pint or two kicking around. We don't want to be hanging outside waiting for the guards to come around and start asking questions. They tend to assume all Dwarves and Elves can use magic. "

The small man perks up at the dwarf's words. "Right! Wouldn't want to speak to no guards, that's for sure." He follows in the dwarf's footsteps.

Bannock

First Post
Bannock swings his great poleaxe onto his shoulder to fit it through the doorway and walks alongside Arnir as they pass into the pub. Looking at the flask, he says, ever so slightly too loudly and with a grin,

Oy, Elf, if the taps be dry, I hope you don't mind sharin'!

Gregor

First Post
As Kirio moves to open the alleyway door, he realizes that it is firmly locked from the inside. After a moment or two of jiggling the door to test said lock, you all hear a metal bolt slide back with a heavy thud and the door opens inward a crack.

Lantern light slashes out like an iridescent blade across the cobblestones and a human woman peers at you from within the pub. After assessing you, and making quick glances above and beyond you, as if scanning for unwanted followers, she steps back and opens the door fully.

Thanks for coming. I'm Torrent.” she says. “Come in quickly, as I would like to avoid drawing further attention to this location."

After you all file into the pub, Torrent quickly but quietly shuts the door and applies the metal deadbolt once more. As you adjust your eyes to the light, you are able to properly take in your surroundings.

The darkened pub is mostly empty now, its many tables and chairs pushed to one wall and covered with sheets. A single table sits in the middle of the room, with enough chairs for all of you. A small oil lamp and a keg sit on top of it, along with several mugs. At the back corner of the common room beside the bar, a staircase leads upstairs. The windows and door facing
onto the street are closed, and you know they have been boarded up from the outside. On the wall behind the bar hangs a bronze bust of the former emperor of Ragesia, Drakus Coaltongue, a regal, aged half-orc with a scar cutting diagonally across his face. You and Torrent are the only people in the room.

Torrent, who you can also now clearly regard, is as tall and strong as the typical warrior. She is a distinctive looking woman with tanned skin and short white hair. Under a dark winter coat she wears a breastplate decorated with blue wave-like etchings, and a holy symbol to what you assume is a sea god is tied to her wrist with a leather cord.

She as a stands off to the side and thumbs her hand in the direction of the table. "Have a drink." She suggests with a smile. "Just because we’re about to go to war doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the new year. Oh, and I think some introductions on your part are in order."

digimattic

First Post
Arnir looks about the room carefully, and focuses in on Torrent herself, trying to discover what information he can about this woman.

Remove ads