Six From Gate Pass - Chapter 3: Shelter From The Storm

Gregor

First Post
Kirio, your two arrows drive home into the gargoyle. They lodge in its gut and in roars in pain, spasming in its death throes. It slumps over into the water in a lifeless heap.

Bannock

First Post
Bannock drinks the potion he drew last round (taking the last die roll as-is), and attempts to move again. This time, however, his luck catches up with him, and his feet slide as a gust catches him. He stumbles in place uselessly. He sees how close he is to the edge of the pillar of sleet, so he drops the crossbow bolts he was holding, and draws his glaive from its sling.

OOC: My interpretation was that a failed check doesn't consume the move action, but if I'm wrong then Bannock does not drop the bolts or draw the glaive.

Last edited:

Gregor

First Post
Round 8

GM: Bannock, you can drop stuff as a free action and your weapon can be drawn as part of a move action. Even though you don't make any progress due to the spell, you are still able to take out your weapon.

Initiative

1 - Lars
2 - Lee Sidoneth (DM)
3 - Tentacles (DM)
4 - Torrent
5 - Arnir
6 - Kirio
7 - Bannock

fromage67

First Post
OOC: Read the appropriate rule section, but not clear if it is ok for Lars to run/swim all out and move at quadruple speed. (4 x 15 ft = 60 ft) If not, assume Lars moves only 30 feet. (I placed him 60 feet closer than his starting location.)

Lars takes moment to take his bearings, and then starts swimming/pushing off the bottom, moving as quickly as he can under the circumstances.

Gregor

First Post
GM: Lars, without a swim check I can only assume that you're walking along the ocean bottom. In that case, there is no way you can go 60ft. You're hampered since its difficult terrain so by spending your round 'running' you only go 30ft. I've adjusted your location on the map.

Lee casts another spell, weaving his hands around and chanting. Another bestial cry rips through the air and a pulse of energy radiates from him. He rips off his tattered shirt, revealing a heavily sculpted physique. He cracks his neck and rolls his shoulders as he falls into a strange fighting stance. His hands are empty, but formed into tight fists and his feet are positioned as if to snap into motion at any moment. His eyes are fixed on the edge of the sleet storm, awaiting the first of his enemies to emerge.

Back under the water, the squid suddenly reappears out of the darkness next to Lars. It whips out its tentacles again, trying to snatch up the rogue.

Gregor

First Post
Torrent lifts her shield before her face and steps into the sleet storm.

"Come on Kirio, we need to catch up to Arnir and Bannock", she calls out as she steps into the spell.

digimattic

First Post
Arnir moves forward but notes Bannock's struggle. He holds his ground and stretches out his hand to help his friend through the last of the icy sleet.

OOC: Arnir is aiding Bannock in his attempt....I think that means you get a +2

Gregor

First Post
GM: Arnir, for Aid Another, you can help someone achieve success on a skill check by making the same kind of skill check in a cooperative effort. If you roll a 10 or higher on your check, the character you're helping gets a +2 bonus on his or her check. (You can't take 10 on a skill check to aid another.)

Remove ads