• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Skill based magic system

SableWyvern

Adventurer
Thanks for the positive feedback.:cool:

Keep in mind that I shouldn't really get any credit for the idea - it is ripped straight from RM, and I wasn't even the one who came up with the idea for using RM as the basis of a d20 magic system.

I've added the rest of the sorcerer/wizard lists to my previous post, along with some comments at the bottom. I've also altered a couple of the previous lists a bit.

There are also a few spells listed at the end that I haven't been able to place anywhere yet.

A previous comment that I can allow double-ups (ie, the same spell on seperate lists) could be the best solution, but I don't want just a few spells doubling up, and I'm not dedicated enough to make up enough new lists to make doubling relatively commonplace.

As for divine, I'm thinking about it. My best idea at the moment is to develop some domain based lists and a set of generic lists. How do people feel about some spells normally available to all clerics being limited to those with certain domains?

Also, I'm not sure if other classes will have enough spells to make worthwhile lists; however, I haven't looked closely yet. Certainly, the semi-spell using classes will end up with far more general lists.

Remove ads