Slivers are evil, Slivers are sly....

Krishnath

First Post
Yes, a Half-Sliver template. The slivers DNA (for using a modern term), is so muteable and adaptable, that by injecting sliverblood into the bloodstream of for example an elf. Said elf would start to mutate over time to become part sliver. At the same time their brain structure would change to such a degree that the former elf would think as a sliver and not an elf. The psyche would be totally different. They would in essence become a sliver. And if they came close to a sliver hive, would most likely be 'adopted' into that hive.

Wolf72

Explorer
eeeewwwww!

so is there going to be a sliver that actually attacks people/creatures and attempts to change them into half-slivers? (stinger, spores, ... something to that affect)

Krishnath

First Post
No, they are usually the result of experimentation by wizards such as the lovely, but comepletely twisted, genius, Lanariel Shadowwing. (I really should post her race, it's only got a +2 LA)

Krishnath

First Post
It's Wednesday, and you know what that means...

...It's Sliver Time!

-

Shifting Sliver
Medium-Size Outsider (Sliver)
Hit Dice: 4d8+8 (26 hp)
Initiative:
+2 (Dex)
Speed: 30', climb 30'
AC: 16 (+2 Dex, +4 natural)
Attacks: Claw +6 melee and Bite +1 melee
Damage: Claw 1d4+2, Bite 1d6+1
Face/Reach: 5'/5'
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Sliver Qualities, Shared Traits, Camouflage,
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 6, Wis 14, Cha 10,
Skills: Balance +7, Climb +15 (+8), Hide +17 (+10), Jump +7, Listen +9 (+2), Move Silently +9, Spot +9 (+2), Swim +7
Feats: Alertness, Combat Reflexes,

Climate/Terrain: Any underground
Organization: Swarm (20-80), Hive (Several thousand slivers and a queen)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Neutral
Advancement: 5-6 HD (Medium-Size); 7-12 HD (Large)

'Another new sentry have arrived from my patron, or is it a spy? Anyways, these strange slivers, have the ability to hide in plain sight by changing their colors to match their surroundings, they are quite capable of it to, earlier today I caught one spying on me in my lab, It must have gotten in when I went to get something to drink, several hours earlier.' - Lanariel Shadowwing, Research Notes.

If the sliver hive ever produced a perfect spy and ambusher, the shifting sliver would be it.
A shifting sliver looks like any other sliver, save that it's able to change color. When active the slivers skin is usually changing in patterns of blue and green, when at rest however the slivers color changes to that of it's surroundings, enabling it become almost invisible. It is quite possible to pass within 5' of a shifting sliver without noticing it.
The shifting sliver reaches a length of roughly 7'5''.

Combat:
Shifting slivers are ambush predators in every sense of the word, perfectly able to sit absolutely still until it's opponents have passed it, before attacking from the rear.
Camouflage (Ex): The shifting sliver is able to alter it's color at a whim, granting it a +10 bonus on hide checks, and allowing it to practically hide in plain sight.
Shared Ability (Ex): All slivers within 60' of a shifting sliver gains access to it's camouflage ability as if they possessed it themselves. This ability is not cummulative.

-

Please tell me what you think. :D

Kitsunekaboom

First Post
Your slivers are so much more evil and well thought out than mine were it's not even funny. :D Not completely sure if they will show up in my game settign anymore or not, but if they do that little island of mine is doomed. >)

blackshirt5

First Post
It might've been asked before, but is anybody gonna gather these up and put them into one big document?

Also, Krishnath, can Slivers either work for or be dominated by another creature? I had a great idea just now of having a Sliver Hive that is under the control of an Elder Dragon.

Remove ads